*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/853410
Rated: 18+ · Book · Mystery · #2046985
Writing, scribbling, etc.
#853410 added July 5, 2015 at 3:17pm
Restrictions: None
Barely made it!
I know this prompt is late but I have a legitimate reason for missing it. I do!

So Fourth of July comes around and people think that fireworks are a way of celebrating. Hell, I love fireworks and that's why I went along with it. Hidden, secluded, our house, the perfect place to get some people together, cold drinks, some music and yes, fireworks!

For a few hours into the night, as people and alcohol mix together, it got harder to keep track of who had fireworks and which direction they'll go off or when. A few times we had good laughs when the sparks hit a few cars, almost setting them on fire. Funny for sure!

Then, one of the guys who hasn't really been invited showed us some, what he called, spectacular fireworks. Of course, everyone jumped at the opportunity to blow them up. Couple of guys went out into the field, a safe distance from the house, while the rest of us gathered our chairs close to watch our own show.

I have to tell you, it was amazing. We ohh-ed and ahh-ed, clapped and cheered when it really showed something awesome - a good time! For the finale, a burst of fireworks went up into the sky but one went sideways and fell on the roof of the house. People screamed and laughed until the roof got caught on fire and that meant the party was over.

The flames spread at rapid speeds as the wind blew. By the time the fire department came around, half the house already burnt to the ground and all I could do was stand there and watch it all go up in flames.

It's July fifth and I'm sitting on my porch, ashes of my house behind my back, smoke still visible in the hot, humid air. Thank goodness for good phone service though, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to write this entry at all.

WC 326

This is all a work of fiction. We didn't have a party and the house is still standing - as far as I know, since I'm currently still at work. *Bigsmile*

© Copyright 2015 Gaby ~ Keeper Of The Realm (UN: geja8856 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Gaby ~ Keeper Of The Realm has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/853410