*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/853659-Favre-on-Split-from-Packers
Rated: E · Book · Sports · #1369759
Yoyo Brett Favre and his re-re-return to football...now last shot at glory corrupted?
#853659 added July 7, 2015 at 9:48pm
Restrictions: None
Favre on Split from Packers
Profootballtalk.com is a website that echoes some of the stories around the sports world on the NFL. They ran a blurb on Favre's comments regarding his split from the team in 2008. Link here: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/07/brett-favre-realizes-he-shares-s...

Most commenters at the post are still bitter and not fond of the quarterback, who says he takes some of the blame for his departure, but lack perspective. I added my own comment to illuminate:

"What made Favre want to retire year after year was feeling management wasn't putting him in the best position to win (or protect him). He wanted to go out on top. He wanted to bring Green Bay another Super Bowl win. What's wrong with that?

Is he supposed to shrink in the shadows? No player who has given as much to the game, to his team wants to be ushered out the door that way. Bitter? Want to help others teams beat the Packers? Is it so unusual to have those feelings?

He's saying what he is saying now because he is trying to mend fences. They're about to retire his number. It's water under the bridge. Get over it and go back to remembering how electric he was and how he made the Packers relevant again. And know, he is human and was put on a pedestal. Better to have an overblown ego than none."


I only judge Favre the player, not the man. I think we get too personal with the lives of athletes and those details should be saved for memoirs when their playing days are done. It's hard to enjoy any sport nowadays because journalists pry too much and we have to be reminded what ridiculous amounts of money players make, making me wonder if we love money more than the game we adored as children.


© Copyright 2015 He’s Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
He’s Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/853659-Favre-on-Split-from-Packers