*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/853714-Waving-Girl
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#853714 added July 8, 2015 at 1:49pm
Restrictions: None
Waving Girl
Prompt: Florence Martus was the Unofficial Greeter of waving to ships by Port Savannah, Georgia that came sailing into port or the ocean. She did this every day from 1887 to 1931. She was known as "The Waving Girl." Was she waiting on a sailor she loved to return or was she just friendly? A statue of her and her dog is located at Morrell Park, the river front of Savannah. If a statue was made of you, what would you be famous for or remembered as?

I hope to be remembered as a writer and if a statue was made of me, I would be holding a book or a tea pot because I collect tea sets. A cat beside me would be nice. Maybe I would be remembered as the woman who was always willing to give you a hug when you needed it. Maybe I could be remembered as the woman who loved animals and fed the neighbor's pets when I lived in town. A few times, I have taken care of people's pets when they went on vacation. Best of all, remember me as a friend.

** Image ID #2038315 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2015 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/853714-Waving-Girl