*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854059-The-Big-Head-Syndrom
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#854059 added July 25, 2015 at 12:28pm
Restrictions: None
The Big Head Syndrom
Reviewing is hard work. Its personal.
When you open your email and find a review request I cringe. What will the work be? What will the writer want to hear? Do they want to be told they are wonderful writers and on their way to being the next best seller?
I review all requests the same. It doesn't matter if they have written a wonderful story or a disaster. They get my review form and I deal with the story the same.
I ask for reviews of my stories and I know not everyone will like my stories. I read the good the bad and the ugly. I look at what they liked, didn't like and hated. I weed out the personal stuff and look for the technical mistakes I need to redo or adjust. I never take the reviews personal unless they say they don't like me. Then why accept my request? That's never happened to me so its just supposition.

How do you feel when you review someone and they take it personal? "You don't understand what I'm trying to say. You didn't get it."  I laugh because I remember saying the same thing when I first started posting on WDC. I tried to defend my writing ability. I thought I was good. Better than the average writer. Boy was I wrong. I found I told a good story but it was poorly written.

Don't ask for a review if you don't want the truth.




Dutchess Tina-House of Stark

WINTER IS COMING

             

© Copyright 2015 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854059-The-Big-Head-Syndrom