*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854147-Sunday-Ramblings
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#854147 added July 12, 2015 at 1:02pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday Ramblings........
I'm at work today and I might actually have time to catch up on a bunch of projects that have been sorely neglected, including my research for my Halloween/paranormal story.

After work I'll be busy with the kiddos. We'll be doing some research at Home Depot, Dinner at Pielogy, Church, then grocery shopping. Yesterday I smogged my 2005 4Runner and it passed. Thank goodness. The car has 248,000+ miles on it. I love it. It's Toyota and I love buying Toyota. I keep up the maintenance and the 4Runner just keeps on ticking. I also recently bought a 2015 Toyota Corolla to drive back and forth to work. I bought it with 4 miles and now it has 4900 miles. I'm a Toyota Girl for sure. What "brand" of car would you/do you swear by?


So I scanned the news for something news worthy but nothing really stood out. Djokovic won Wimbeldon. Good for him. I like playing tennis but haven't played in ages. Heck, I'm waiting til my 13 year old turns 14 so I can play racquetball at the gym with him.

Here's some more on my writing prompt:


The Pelican, cont...

The kid laughed as the pelican gagged on some flaming hot Cheetos. I shook my head in disgust. The kid must have been about three or four. Glancing over, I spied his family sitting around the picnic table stuffing their faces with freshly grilled steaks and corn.

The pelican trashed his head, squawked, and spit the mass of Cheetos on the ground. The kid stomped his feet, thrust his hand into the bag and threw a handful of fresh, hot Cheetos at the pelican. The bird stared at the boy and flapped his wings.

The kid stomped his feet. Again. Then he pointed to the Cheetos. The Pelican took one step forward, bent over, then stood. He shook his head and squawked. Guess he didn't like them. Too hot? Or greasy? Or both?

The kid pointed to the pelican, then to himself, then dipped his hand in the bag and shoved a handful of Cheetos into his mouth.

**********

July is National Ice Cream month. So what's your favorite flavor? *Bigsmile*

© Copyright 2015 StephBee (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854147-Sunday-Ramblings