*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854337-Family-Matters
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#854337 added July 14, 2015 at 12:38pm
Restrictions: None
Family Matters
Wimbledon is now over for another year with two worthy if predictable winners. I've watched as much as possible between appointments, commitments and family matters, but I'd still like to win the Lottery and spend the whole two weeks at Wimbledon itself. Dream on.

Family matters have continued during the fortnight of tennis.

*Bullet* Hubby saw the knee specialist and it seems he may be able to have a knee replacement in September. This is sooner than anticipated, but good news if it means less pain and increased mobility. Steering clear of infection is the main concern both before and after.

*Bullet* When Mey Ling returned from Cambodia bemoaning the problems and negative aspects of her visit, I told her I'd give her a fortnight before she changed her mind. She's now talking of going again next January to attend two of her sister's weddings. We won't ask where the money is coming from or what she intends to do with her three children just yet. Many of her plans turn out to be flights of fancy so we'll just wait and see.

*Bullet* Son is looking at holidays abroad to take the children if she does actually go on another visit to Cambodia, but again we won't mention how much it would actually cost or that the bank of Mum and Dad is rapidly reaching the same state as those in Greece. In light of recent tragic events it's not easy to decide where it is safe to travel to and we're pretty sure he couldn't cope alone on holiday with three children. I'm not sure we'd survive with another family trip abroad, particularly if hubby isn't fully recovered or without winning the Lottery. Again we'll just wait and see.

*Bullet* Angel and Dylan both had fantastic school reports which is reassuring and proof children can and will do well even if their home life is a little chaotic. The only criticism on Dylan's report was that he needs to keep away from others who tend to distract him and sit with sensible people. I suggested maybe he shouldn't sit with his Nanna then. *Laugh* Bobby still isn't talking, but we suspect he's just as bright as the other two and uses his intelligence to get what he wants without bothering to speak. Time will tell.

*Bullet* My sister reached another milestone burpday last week, but was absolutely dreading it. Thankfully her family took her away on holiday for the event so she didn't have to suffer a lot of fuss at home and she's survived the ordeal. We shall in time get together for our own unbirthday celebrations. Who needs an excuse?

I actually managed to put together some photographs of our visit to Kos, which I've linked below. Best viewed as a slideshow. Seems ages ago now.


https://picasaweb.google.com/114237082390614758974/KosMay2015?authuser=0&feat=di...


But for now it's just a case of more appointments, commitments and family matters. I wonder what it feels like to wake up in the morning and have absolutely nothing to do?

© Copyright 2015 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854337-Family-Matters