*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854368-The-Queen-of-Compassion
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest Entry · #1972021
Collection of my unfinished poetry written to daily prompts.
#854368 added July 15, 2015 at 1:47pm
Restrictions: None
The Queen of Compassion
30-Day Image Prompt.


The Queen of Compassion


I am the Winter Witch. I fly on the wings of the wind. I spread my spell of slumber with my icy breath and the mist that glides through the glade. The falling snow cloaks the naked sorrow of fall, dressing the world with crystalline diamonds. The trees reach for love from the unfeeling sky, but the sun hides behind the mantle of the clouds, forsaking them. I am their shield and protector.

I am the Sovereign of Souls. I coax the dead out of the shadows. They were cast from life and long to live again. They wander reverently in the stilled silence and whisper secrets of the grave. They are homesick and want to dance once more in world they have left behind.

I am the Mistress of Midnight. I summon the moon's luminescence to light their reverie and the music of the wind to play them a dance. In the radiance, they are a viscous vision waltzing in the effulgent rays. The illusion of their rebirth soothes their sorrow and for just a moment they forget they are no more. But, when the stygian ball ends, and their essence has been renewed, they must return to their graves. Once again they haunt the shadows, content with their fate until they can dance again.

I am the Winter Witch.
I am the Sovereign of Souls.
I am the Mistress of Midnight

I am the Queen of Compassion.

© Copyright 2015 Angels in my Ear (UN: aundria_k at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Angels in my Ear has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854368-The-Queen-of-Compassion