*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854540-THIS-IS-NOT-OZ
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#854540 added July 16, 2015 at 5:42pm
Restrictions: None
THIS IS NOT OZ
         
Blog City image small Prompt: You wake up, get out of bed and open the door. You are in OZ!

         
         That’s a prompt for a pop-fiction short story.
         
         Well, the first thing that happened was waking up from a nightmare at 3AM. I dreamed about faceless men wearing glowing, lavender shirts pretending to be business men. They were moving around, looking important, only accomplishing nothing. Woke up and could not go back to sleep. What kind of nightmare was that?
         
         Then the power went out for one third of the country, so I lost the Internet. That pretty much isolates me out in my jungle estate where I am house-sitting. The house is huge and the trade winds are howling at the wooden louvers. Next it rained, which cooled it off, but raised the humidity.
         
         When the sun came up, I looked around and for sure it is not Oz. It is a lush, green jungle with coconut palms, flowering trees, and banana palms all around the Wind Song House. The three dogs greet me with wagging tails and wet tongues.
         
         I take my walking stick and enjoying the warm, morning sunshine, follow the electric power line the quarter-mile out to the meter box to make sure it was not our line that the wind took down. All is good. One of the dogs jumped the fence to come find me and escort me back to the house.
         
         After lunch the power came back on so I can post this now. So much for not being in Oz, but I love where I am.
         
         Peace and Love...>>>iggy
*Boat*
         
         
banner with iguana The WYRM group banner.


         
         

© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854540-THIS-IS-NOT-OZ