*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854655-Getting-Back-in-the-Swing
Rated: ASR · Book · Experience · #1486637
This blog is a wide variety of things. Most titles are prompts I have followed.
#854655 added July 17, 2015 at 8:16pm
Restrictions: None
Getting Back in the Swing
I realized the last few days looking around the site - how much I have missed coming here and reviewing and writing and ... just interacting with everyone on the site.  I've started a career as a freelance writer.  It's been up and down and, honestly, I didn't expect to "make it" in just the first year, but I have work and I'm doing okay.  The big problem for me, until recently, was that I just let my fiction writing go.  I did NaNo last year.  That was about it for fiction, though.

Not long ago I took my NaNo novel from last year and started working with the characters more.  A lot of the freelance (non-fiction) work I've been doing is outdoor writing.  So, I kind of combined my NaNo from last year with  my outdoor writing, and expanded that novel into a series of four.  The other 3 are just ideas now, but each is related to an outdoor activity  - one for each of the four seasons.  That link, I guess, has gotten me back into wanting to write more fiction again.  I miss my characters.  I miss plots.  I miss plot bunnies that hop off my my good intentions to get a story to go one way or another.  Scenes, dialogue... all of those things that come to you in the middle of the night, while driving to the store, walking the dog...  I really missed all of that.  And I missed all of my friends here at WdC.

I am happy to say that I am back on the site now and I'm looking forward to working on some of the old stuff in my port as well as adding some new stories and entering some of the awesome new contests I've seen on the site now that I'm back.  I've been a member here since 2007, and I'm always amazed by how things change.  Sometimes I am sad to see old friends go and activities fall by the wayside.  But there always seems to be more friends to make and great new activities to take the place of the old ones.  I've been here for almost 8 years, and I'm looking forward to what the next 8 year have to bring!

© Copyright 2015 Beck Firing back up! (UN: write2b at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Beck Firing back up! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854655-Getting-Back-in-the-Swing