*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854834-Soapbox-Sermon
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2032569
Maxed out on previous blog. As long as I am learning, my newbie is still showing
#854834 added July 19, 2015 at 10:25pm
Restrictions: None
Soapbox Sermon
Okay, I shall now step on my soapbox and rant about freeway panhandlers. Run while there is still time.





If these people were truly homeless would they have a better haircut than me? I have not had a visit to the beauty parlor for a long time, if my sister-in-law brings her shears along to family events, I can get a little trim with all the family looking on.





If these people were truly homeless and waging war on my sympathy with their camo pants and DAV sign, they would not be riding a 10-speed bike with all the bells and whistles, and they would not be walking "home" with three bags from the Family Dollar store in their Hawaiian shirt and Birkenstock sandals.





If these people were truly homeless, they would not be wearing Nike designer shoes that are better quality than my piddley bargain basement brand.





If these people were truly homeless, would they hug the sign in the middle of the freeway median with their designer pants on the ground style shorts? No, they would realize that no one wants to touch a hand that has been holding their wangdoodle all day.





If these people were really homeless, where did they get the money to buy that designer biker handbag with all studs and chains?





If these people were really homeless claiming to be disabled, how did they get their walker to their stake out? How can their legs suddenly be just fine when someone five cars back holds out some money?





I shall now step off my soapbox and put it away for awhile. I feel better now.
© Copyright 2015 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854834-Soapbox-Sermon