*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854947
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1960296
The history of Prosperous Snow written for the group Reminiscences
#854947 added July 20, 2015 at 9:48pm
Restrictions: None
Meditation in a giant Bubble
Meditation in a Giant Bubble:
A Prose Poem

Author's Note: This was the DAY 871, April 7, 2015, prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends
"You and your friends are blowing bubbles outside. suddenly you become trapped inside a bubble and you float away. Where will you travel in these huge floating bubbles and why. What will your family think when you tell them why you were late for dinner."

I was blowing bubbles in the wind
when a gigantic bubble became my friend;
it engulfed me where I stood
upon the edge of a human-made woods;
a forest made of steel and glass towers.

Inside the huge bubble I could see the world through a rosy hue. Everything outside the bubble look beautiful as if I were seeing the world not as it was, but rather as it should be. I smiled because the city I looked down upon reminded me of a forest. I was looking at a construction of mankind similar to a new growth forest where all the trees are of one species instead of an old growth forest.

In the few million years humanity has been on Earth it has changed the nature of the planet to fits its distorted idea of beauty. Today the planet reflects the material idea of beauty and not the spiritual concept. Humans have changed the landscape of the planet just as material concepts change the landscape of religion.

Religion
when first revealed
through one of God's messengers
is pure water
descending from heaven.

As the religion grows and spreads across the planet it loses the purity of its early days. This is normal because the religion encouraged the evolution and advancement of its adherents. Times change and the needs of the human race change. The diseases that affect the physical and spiritual body of the people change, perhaps becoming more severe. It becomes time for a new messenger or manifestation to renew and restore religion to its purity.

The gigantic bubble
carries me across the face of Earth;
the wind changes the direction
the bubble floats.

I know that eventually the bubble I inhabit must burst. I must eventually return to my duties as a human being. I hope that what I have learned from the thoughts the bubble has produced will remain with me. I ask myself how do I tell humanity about what I have learned in my ride across the planet in a giant bubble? I answer myself with write everything you have learned or perceived in a blog entry or story. I also tell myself I have to look to God for help in understanding what I have learned in this gigantic bubble.
© Copyright 2015 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854947