*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854949-Meditation-on-A-Blazing-Fire
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1960296
The history of Prosperous Snow written for the group Reminiscences
#854949 added July 20, 2015 at 9:52pm
Restrictions: None
Meditation on A Blazing Fire
Meditation on a Blazing Fire

Author's Note: The inspiration for this prose poem is DAY 399 the April 7, 2015 prompt for "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise
“The blazing fire makes flames and brightness out of everything thrown into it.” Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
What do you think about this quote? Do you keep a blazing fire when it comes to your writing?

Lately I seem to be having difficulty writing anything except blog entries. I have to write a short story before Sunday and I have to finish Stage 4 and Stage 5 for the Breakthrough challenge. I seem to be having difficulty writing these romance stories.and I think I know why. I keep telling myself I cannot think of anything to write, but when I begin writing I can usually push through the fog or perhaps smoke to get the story started and sometimes finished.

I can start the fire, but the problem is keeping it going if I am interrupted. I get to a point, I stop, and then I do not want to start again because I tell myself I do not know where the story is going. I get tired of writing the story, I stop, and I do not get started again. I think I need more exercise. I think I need to start walking through the apartment and recite The Remover of Difficulties while I walk. I think the exercise would do me good. The problem is getting started. It is difficult to walk and so I find reasons not to do it. I know that once I get started and push through the issues of pain or anything else that confronts me then I can do it.

Perhaps I should close the door and the blinds doing the walking. That way I will not feel foolish when someone looks in the apartment and sees me walking back and forth. Perhaps of a morning after I get up. I can think of all sorts of things to do; however, it is getting started. I think I am afraid to start. I know that once I get started I will not feel as foolish. Once I get the blaze going whether it is for writing or exercise I can keep it going the problem is starting the fire for whichever it is I want to do.

Maybe I do not want to do it. I know I do not like housework and so I find excuses not to do it. If I could just get the fire going for housework or anything that I think I want to do then I could keep it going. Perhaps morning would be a good time to get the walking exercises going. It would get the blood flowing through my veins and it would warm me up. I have the same problem when it comes to fantasy. I procrastinate! I am in the habit of procrastinating.

Procrastinating is a habit. It is a habit that is generated by fear. It is a habit that I can overcome through prayer and taking action to do something; to do what I can and then leave the rest to God. I should not put the walking exercise off until in the morning. I need to start it this evening and just push through the difficulties. Once I start the blaze for exercise then I can keep it going. It is rubbing the sticks together to get the blaze of enthusiasm started for whatever it is I need to do to accomplish a goal.
© Copyright 2015 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854949-Meditation-on-A-Blazing-Fire