*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854970-BC--Trees
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2032569
Maxed out on previous blog. As long as I am learning, my newbie is still showing
#854970 added July 21, 2015 at 7:08pm
Restrictions: None
BC: Trees.
Prompt: Trees


We get many material uses out of trees. Are there any other intangible, artistic, or philosophical uses of them that come to your mind?





I am so frustrated that it takes 10 seconds to request an action before the site actually delivers. In rocket science things could go abnormally wrong in 10 seconds.





So what can I say about trees? Trees are like growing up. I tell the story of the farmer who always had strong trees and the city dweller who planted trees also, only to have them die off soon after planting. When the city dweller saw the farmer, she was horrified that the wisened farmer would go out and hit the tree with a rug and would not water it. He would prune it, but that was about it. The city dweller asked the farmer why he cussed the tree out when he was hitting it and why he did not water the tree now and again. The farmer explained that the tree would not weather any storm if he did not give it a tough skin. It would not grow deep roots to withstand hard times if he gave it all it needed and it did not have to go deep for what it needed. The lesson was learned.





A Christian young lady, I can't remember her name explained why we use trees to describe family relationships. The roots and the trunk are those people who are going to be in your life forever. The ones you can count on to get you through whatever storm you are weathering. Now you may have long term friends. Those are the branches. These come and go. Why are friends only branches? Because they are only meant to give you a certain lesson or a certain experiernce. They were never meant to be there forever. Also, you have certain leaves that are those people that add flavor and joy, but they also blow away with the first strong wind.





Those are the two philosophies that explain love, family, and growing up the best.
© Copyright 2015 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854970-BC--Trees