*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
6
8
9
11
12
13
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/856061
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1935750
Entries for various Blog Challenges.I will be expressing my hopes,dreams and fantasies.
#856061 added August 1, 2015 at 12:52pm
Restrictions: None
Camping With Five Sixer Challenge, Safety
I will be writing about camping with Fivesixer Blogging Challenge this month. Fivesixer is a favorite with me. I decided to try this challenge. Hope you will enjoy this section.

Prompt: Lyn says we have chosen Yellowstone National Park. I just hope Old Faithful doesn't blow up. I said this not Lyn.

1. Let's talk about safety first. Why is it important to sleep a minimum of 100 yards, 91 meters from where you hang your food, cook and eat your food. Should you keep your sleeping gear clean and free of odor. What about sleeping in the same clothes worn while cooking?

Please tell about your previous camping experiences.

I wouldn't sleep next to where we had a camp fire and hang our food. I am not sure about the safety reason. I don't sleep in my kitchen at home. A bear might wonder in. If it was a black bear, I would make friends with him and feed him. Don't yell at me. A grizzly. I don't think so. I wouldn't want my food smelling of clothes. I would have to bring some extra clothes with me and beat them on a rock in the stream when they got dirty. I would want my sleeping bag to be clean. I would have to sleep in clean clothes and put back on the clothes I wore the previous day when I get up.

Previous camping experience. Are you sure you want to hear this? My mother and I camped with friends, a Italian family. Anna, Joe, their kids Debbie and Joey in Herber Springs, Arkansas. A twenty-six year old GI, Brucie drove us to Herber Springs. His wife wouldn't go with him. When she found out, she accused me of having an affair with her husband. I told her if she had been a good wife to him, she wouldn't have had to worry. I was sixteen and he was 25. No, I didn't have an affair with him. He was a friend.

Debbie's brother Joey helped me wash my hair. He had a big gallon jug of water he poured on my hair and that is how I washed my hair after using shampoo. I helped our friend Pat put up her tent and the tent fell on me. I was thinking of just hiding underneath it. I fell once or twice. Pat did most of the work but we got the tent done. I didn't want to sleep in the tent. I slept in the camper.

Pat and I spied on a guy reading a book underneath a tree. We were using binoculars and he seen us. So, we decided to go meet him. He was cute but he was going to college and he was an intellect. Boring.

It started to storm and we got in the camper. Pat's family showed up had shown up earlier and made her take down her tent and go camp with them. After all the hard work we had put into putting up the tent. Anna was mad. Pat's dad was out in the boat in a storm and she said that she hoped he would drown. After the storm, Pat's father came over and Anna yelled at him because they made Pat move her tent and they had friends with them that they were camping with. Anna and Pat's father made up. Pat bought her tent back up and I tried to help her but Debbie and her put it up this time.

I was supposed to go out with Debbie's ex-boyfriend Mike and her boyfriend Jeff was there. Debbie and Jeff got in a fight and she went out with Mike! Debbie wore my hot pants for her date. Debbie and I weren't speaking after that for a day. She did make up with Jeff.

Joey bought his record player along and we played some records. We did make a camp fire. We used matches. We made hot dogs and roasted marshmallows. We didn't do smores in the 70's.

Some kids from our school camped next door and got rowdy. Tutti, the family's dog started barking and the kids were using the F word and we could tell that they were drinking. Anna called the police and they came out. I was so embarrassed. Debbie and I had to face those kids on Monday. The kids didn't speak to us. On Friday in history class, Fred asked Danny {he was one of the kids who camped next to us} what he was going to do this weekend. Danny looked at me and said: "I am going back to Herber Springs to go camping and see what kind of trouble I can get my ass into this weekend! Ask Blondie over there about last weekend!" I was embarrassed and the other kids looked at me. I told some of the other students what happened. Isn't life fun?

There you have it. My camping experience!

I look forward to using the prompts for the camping challenge. Lyn says we are camping in Yellowstone National Park. I like what I read about it. Later. Adventures here I come!

** Image ID #2051188 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2015 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/856061