*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/856805-Best-Memory
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#856805 added August 8, 2015 at 11:04am
Restrictions: None
Best Memory
Prompt: Talk about one of your best memories.

Just one? When I was in the Miss Indiana Teen-ager Pageant. There were several girls who competed. There were ten I hung out with. We ordered pizza and climbed up the stairs to meet the delivery boy hiding from the security cameras after hours. We carried the pizzas crawling around the staff. I could never do that again. I am too old and can't move like that.

The girls were looking outside into the hall. I asked what they were looking at. I looked outside and there was the high school boys track team. The girls pushed me out the door and shut it! The boys were whistling. I was in my nightgown. The girls let me back in. It was so funny!

Being questioned by the judges was awkward. Two old men who didn't smile and a young woman judge was nice. Some of the girls were snobs but that is to be expected.

I wore a tiaria and had a pretty green formal. It was nice being introduced as one of the state contestants. I didn't win. I did get a State Finalist Plaque. I was okay with that. I made a lot of friends. My roommate was a sweet Japanese girl. We stayed in touch for awhile after the Pageant.


I was in two other Pageants after that but didn't win. I wouldn't trade those memories for anything. I felt like Miss America anyway.

** Image ID #1378168 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2015 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/856805-Best-Memory