*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/856856-Saturday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#856856 added August 8, 2015 at 9:10pm
Restrictions: None
Saturday
It went and got kind of late for me today, so I'll be doing a short entry. Kind of a rough day again, but today it's my back giving me grief. I'm not sure why, it's been doing pretty well lately. Other than that, it's been kind of an off day, but not sure why. I'm hot, sticky and just feeling kind of out of sorts with everything. I suppose my back aching like this is a lot of it, and there could be some fever if my gallbladder is infected. I sure hope I get some good news on Tuesday from the surgeon, so I will know what's going on and what needs to be done.

Other than these, it's been a pretty good day. I did some research on a couple of things, then got a friends e-mail from Rhonda. It was Rhonda's idea to write her and give her my address here, in WdC, so she can view my portfolio. It's been a long time since I interacted with her directly, so it was past time to write her anyway.

It's funny how things work out sometimes. This lady and I became friends online, although not close friends, we chatted and wrote each other pretty often. Rhonda had also joined this same site, so I introduced her, and they began to chat and write each other. The next thing I know, they are very close friends, both online and over the phone. It was about this same time that the site made some changes that I did not agree with, and I also began my new career.

Between these two events, I just kind of dropped out of the site, and most of my visiting with her has been through Rhonda. Now, with more time again, some changes need to take place. One is my writing and being more active in here. Another is to stay in better contact with friends and relatives, and yet another is to spend some time learning proper grammar. Finally, and most importantly, I need to spend more time writing.

So, today I sent her a nice email along with my address here. It will be good to share my portfolio with her and get some feedback, just as it's good to write her and stay current with her. After, I worked on a poem that I had revised a bit too often. Another problem I need to work on. It was alright to start, but needed a little work. So, I worked on it, then I worked on it again, and then again. I should have saved the original draft, but didn't think about it at the time. I finally had it finished, but I didn't like the flow -- it had lost something along the way.

So, today I opened it and read through it, comparing my earliest saved version with the last version. It took a little while for things to flow, but soon enough I had it revised, some new changes that I like, and some changes back to the earlier version. Then, I read it through again and smoothed out a couple of rough spots. I like the way it sounds now, it flows well and it's easily understood. I have it in my portfolio and it's the third item in my highlighted items.

Now, after a nice shower, I'm going to sit back and relax. I'm feeling pretty good about my work on the poem, my first story in the 52 week challenge, and ready for a new image tomorrow.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/856856-Saturday