*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857112-JUST-DOING-NOTHING
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#857112 added August 11, 2015 at 9:55am
Restrictions: None
JUST DOING NOTHING?
         Think about this:  Today’s ruling class is a monoculture that has little in common with the rest of the nation.

         
Blog City image small          Prompt: Several creative people, such as artists and authors, claim that relaxing and ‘doing nothing’ can be extremely beneficial for the creative process to follow. Do you believe this could work, I mean doing absolutely nothing? Has this been true for you, if ever?

         
         You lay there, in the dark, absolutely motionless. There are no outside sounds. Are you doing nothing? I think not. Under those conditions, your brain can be going a mile a minute. Where’s it going? Well it’s called IMAGINATION, REFLECTION, MEDITATION. There’s lots of names for the so-called doing nothing.
         
         Where do ideas come from?
         
         When you say something, DON’T YOU THINK IT FIRST as a total block of an idea, concept, expression? The speed of the brain while doing nothing is astounding! And it works just as fast when you are talking. When you are reading a story, your mind is very active creating images of the story.
                   
         I’m not sure what happens when you watch television. Maybe then you are truly doing nothing. A passive recepticle. If you can’t remember what you’ve watched, then you have accomplished NOTHING.
         
         For me, when I have a difficult moment in my novel, I almost always go take a nap. I try to see the scene and review everything I know about that moment---and gradually different possibilities come up so I can play them out in my mind. Somewhere in the process I fall asleep. And guess what? When I wake up the scene is much clearer and I can go back to adjust the outline or actually write the scene.
         
         Take a moment and check what is going on INSIDE...>>>iggy
*Boat*
         
         
banner with iguana The WYRM group banner.

         

© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857112-JUST-DOING-NOTHING