*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857202-A-FLOATING-MAN-CAVE
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#857202 added August 12, 2015 at 1:01pm
Restrictions: None
A FLOATING MAN CAVE
         
Blog City image small Prompt: She Shed or Man Cave?
         What would it look like?
         What would you keep in there?

         
         What a funny idea, a Man Cave.
         
         In the Pania Sailboat (the yacht), I have a cubby hole that has my narrow, single bed, cupboards, 2 drawers under the bed and a shelf as a desk almost overlaping my bed with two drawers under that. The ship’s system radio is above my head with another set of shelves with my dictionaries, thesaurus and style book. The power charger for the boat’s batteries is at the back of the desk as well as the power outlet for computer and lights. The computer takes up over half of the desk top with just enough room for the mouse and my coffee cup.
         
         Beside the foot of my bed is a nice wooden stool that holds a large basket with essential stuff like bug spray, keys, sun screen, moisturizer, t-paper, some tools, etc. Everything contained for boat motion. There’s a long shelf on the hull side as long as the bed space with folded t-shirts, shorts, a bagged copy of Apex Project, a cribbage game, coconut oil, hand towels, and a couple hats. My roll-up rubber keyboard and old mail folders are at the end..
         
         Squeezed under the stool are the box of rags and plastic bags, over cans of boat paint, thinners and brushes. Theres a space for my shoes and slip-ons. The actual floor space is about 24” X 18”. There’s a wall behind the desk. The other side is the entrance ladder-steps in and out of the boat. There is a half-partition behind the end of the bed and the stool. A 12v fan is installed there. A narrow boat window is above the bed that locks with four screw-down bolts. The window is screened. If it rains the water comes right in if not sealed shut. The tiny bit of wall has the ship registration and the Captains License.
         
         Across the asile is the kitchen sink, stove and cooler with shelves and cubbyholes. There are cover plates in the teak floor that open to the water tank and rear bildge. Note that half of this space is below the water line of the ocean. The boat goes wobble-wobble when a boat moves in the marina. Our neighbor boat is about one-and-a-half-yards away. We have the dock on the port side. We’re moored in a corner with more dock behind the boat.
         
         How/s that for a Man Cave? >>>iggy
*Boat*
         
         
banner with iguana The WYRM group banner.

         

© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857202-A-FLOATING-MAN-CAVE