*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857371-WHERE-TO-WRITE
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#857371 added August 15, 2015 at 11:02am
Restrictions: None
WHERE TO WRITE?
         

         
Blog City image small  Where do you write if you do not have a desk of your own?

         
         I've had many places I’ve worked, but never specifically MY desk. I like to sit cross legged, yoga position most of the time and find chairs very uncomfortable. So a work space that is even lower than a coffee table is the best.
         
         They built me a small mahogany shelf that is my desk in the sailboat (as I wrote before, only big enough for the computer, mouse and a coffee cup). I sit cross-legged on my bed.
         
         Where I am house-sitting there is a desk and a chair that is too low for comfortable typing. I put a book under the back of the computer to slant the keyboard. I have all the new maps and diagrams for Knights of Sparrow taped to the wall behind me. That’s cool.
         
         I think for me at least, the SPACE FOR WRITING is the most important. How it fits in the room, if it’s isolated from the main house traffic. And that my stuff is undisturbed. I find that a quiet atmosphere is quite necessary when working on creative material. If a desk completes your space, that’s what you’ve got to have, or maybe a better chair. We're all different.
         
         When I’m editing it’s something else. I mutter, read aloud, curse, get up and pace. Music helps. To close I want to add this quote:
         
         
“Art is individualism, and individualism is a disturbing and disintegrating force. There lies its immense value. For what it seeks is to disturb monotony of type, slavery of custom, tyranny of habit, and the reduction of man to the level of a machine.” (Oscar Wilde, 1891)


         Write on...and sometimes, disturb! >>>iggy *Boat*
                   
banner with iguana


         

© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857371-WHERE-TO-WRITE