*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857508-Saturday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#857508 added August 15, 2015 at 9:59pm
Restrictions: None
Saturday
Wow, is it that late already? The day really flew past, but it was a pretty good day. I was up early, a little after six when I came out of our bedroom with the dogs, Hyko was fine, but I had Hannah on a leash so she wouldn't climb all over our sleeping guests. Our daughter was up and dressed already, so she took Hannah down stairs for me, I followed keeping in eye on Hyko, since he has problems on the stairs once in a while now.

Once downstairs, one granddaughter woke and joined us as we waited for coffee to brew, then our grandson got up and came to the kitchen and visited, too. We got to the first cup of coffee before the second granddaughter woke and came down, and by the second cup, the third was awake. Shortly after her came their dad, the whole crew was up. It was a nice visit this morning, but it started heating up in the kitchen pretty fast with all the people in there.

I had gone out on the patio to smoke, and it was still cool and nice outside; the patio was still in full shade and a nice breeze was blowing. So I went back in and had everyone come join me. Another good visit with everyone out on the patio. They had already eaten and it was nice and relaxing, but soon enough shower time, so we could everyone through. We had plans for a picnic by the lake for lunch, and with four kids it's kind of time consuming.

The only thing that could have made the visit better was to have Rhonda home to enjoy this time, too. But, she had to work this morning and was out of the house by four-thirty. She got done at one this afternoon and joined us a the lake, but by then the kids were getting tired and the heat had them kind of grumpy. Even so, they all behaved pretty well and we did have a nice picnic and Rhonda got to visit with everyone a little before they had to head west.

They traveled from Minnesota, so kind of a long drive yesterday. Then, a night here and a half a day visit before traveling on to Pierre to visit his sister and stay overnight there. Tomorrow they will finish the trip out to the Black Hills for some camping and site seeing before returning home on Friday. They were unsure of what route they will be taking back, and it will depend on how late it is when they depart, but it's possible they will stop by for a few hours to rest and let the kids stretch their legs before finishing the return trip home.

Rhonda and I were suppose to have some of the other grandchildren tomorrow for a trip to the zoo and then a picnic with them at the lake, but Rhonda's ex got wind of the plans and messed that whole adventure up. Even so, we will make the most of the day with another daughter and her family, visiting the zoo and doing the picnic with them.

On Monday or Tuesday I need to get my self over to my brothers and get out fishing for a day, and it's looking like Wednesday I'll be doing some blood work at the clinic as well as getting the results back from the biopsy I had done yesterday. It's looking like a very busy week, and I'm not even including the stuff I need to get done around the house. Also, tomorrow we get our third prompt for the 52 week challenge and I'd like to get something at least started for that. Finally, I did a review for another member and shared an experience that was similar to the one she had written about.

She wrote back to let me know she enjoyed the story but wished the outcome had been different. This got me thinking of what a great story could be created from this experience by adding in some fiction. So, on top of everything else, now, I want to write that story too. Hopefully I'll find enough hours in the days to get everything done, as well as to get in here and read and review a bit, too.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857508-Saturday