*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857580-Sunday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#857580 added August 16, 2015 at 12:52pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday
I find myself kind of waiting for the next image of the challenge to be posted. There's been a change of plans for the day, but I can't say I'm disappointed. We would have already been at the zoo, with a daughter and her husband, and their four children. After the zoo, it was planned to have a picnic at the park by the lake, nothing too fancy, just some potato salad, chips, and hot dogs.

But, when I got up this morning, it was pretty overcast and the air was heavy and humid. Upon checking the forecast, things had changed from a partly cloudy day with temps around eighty, to a cloudy day with temps in the seventies. They also had a fifty percent chance of rain and thunderstorms all afternoon, evening and into the night.

We sat out on the patio after Rhonda got up, enjoying a cup of coffee and discussing the possibilities of the day. In the distance, thunder rumbled, and the sky clouded up more and more. The air was still and very humid, and it felt like it could start raining anytime. We moved inside, called Sarah to let her know we had picked a bad day to go to the zoo, and an even worse day to take little ones, especially two newborn twins, to the lake.

She wasn't up yet, so Rhonda left a message for her to call back. Meanwhile we discussed another day to spend with them at the zoo and the park, picking next Saturday as a good alternative. We also talked about how the dogs have been left home alone a lot over the last couple weeks, and how they get so scared during storms. It seemed pretty good that we could spend the day with them, both because of the storms, and just because they have not gotten much attention. After all, they may just be a couple of dogs to the rest of the world, but we have always accepted them more as our children.

Sarah returned Rhonda's call shortly after she left the message, and agreed that it wasn't a very good day. She also added that she was pretty tired and liked the idea of getting together next weekend instead. She had a busy week, and a busy day yesterday, and didn't really feel up to doing much today. It seems the weather didn't cooperate for the plans, but was actually a blessing in it's own way, working things for the best for everyone.

Now, I can enjoy a relaxing day with Rhonda, she can have a relaxing day before going back to work tomorrow, with only the one day off. And the dogs can get some much needed attention. Also, if the image is posted soon enough, I'll have time to stew over it and get some ideas for a story to go with it, maybe even a good start to it. Of course, there is no set time for the image to be posted, just sometime on Sunday.

While I wait, I think it may also be a good day to do some work upstairs. We have some exercise equipment  that I really need to start using. But, the room was used for storage over the winter and we need to move items around and make it more usable before we can do much with the exercise equipment. It's been so hot and humid, and we don't have A/C, so it's been put off for a cooler day. Today is that day; not eighties like they said, but more like seventies. The temperature was up to seventy-two earlier, but when the rain moved in, it dropped to sixty-eight with a nice, cool breeze; perfect for working upstairs.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857580-Sunday