*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857832-THEY-PASS-THROUGH-YOUR-LIFE
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#857832 added August 19, 2015 at 3:54pm
Restrictions: None
THEY PASS THROUGH YOUR LIFE...
Blog City image small Prompt: To a dog, you're family. To a cat, you're staff. {I have a kitty I love dearly!}
         Do you agree? 
   
                   
         I have had a number of dogs. First was Winniefred, who was Dingo & Australian Sheep dog. Smart with huge vocabulary with ordinary speech, not commands. Worked on stage in shows and did one film (she got an actress credit). She toured with children’s theater, guarding the truck and scenery, plus meeting the kids in the classroom.
         
         Domino was an Old English Sheep dog. Washed and groomed she was a giant fluff. Utterly devoted and loving. Traveled a lot and charmed everyone she met. She stayed in the best hotels.
         
         Dogs are family and they stay with you almost 24/7.
         
          I’ve had three major cats. Tiger was a fluffy male(big) who was a dependent baby. Never went outside, it was too scary. Had to travel with me on a snowmobile inside my parka, funny.
         
         Booger a black and white spotted stray. Rescued her from some boys who were throwing the kitten against a wall to see if she’d stick. She was with me for 15 years. A little shy, she was totally loving and stayed close. She watched over Tiger.
         
         Blackie a totally black cat. Daughter of a wild mother became my final companion after the others had died. She came to the Earthship on the mountain while the others were alive. They would not let her come down to the main floor, so she lived upstairs in the sun room for a couple years. After they were gone she became the queen of the house. Several years later she fell from the top of the stairs and cracked her head. When she recovered, she was blind. Took her about three months to command the house again. She died about two years later. All of my beloved pets are buried under the pines near the mountain house.
         
         I had one more dog. A pot-licker puppy in Belize. She was painted with red enamel paint as a joke by stupid workers. We called her Scarlet. Took a while to get the paint off and save her life. She was adorable. I had her for about six months when we had to leave for Iran. She went to friends and lived in a company construction compound with the 4 or 5 male guard dogs. She had many litters of puppies they tell me and was the best warning dog of all of them. She just died this past year. I regret having to leave her and have not taken another pet. Plus it’s too hard to have an animal on the sailboat.
         
         I am always appalled at the cruelty to beautiful little animals. I see them chained and left alone so they go crazy. I see them abandoned in the streets trying to find something to eat. People throw rocks at them. What to do?
         
         Love those animals...>>>iggy

         
         
banner with iguana The WYRM group banner.

         
         

© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857832-THEY-PASS-THROUGH-YOUR-LIFE