*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/858405
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#858405 added August 27, 2015 at 8:23am
Restrictions: None
Sixteen
Prompt: Tell us about the person you were when you were sixteen.

When I turned sixteen, my parents and I lived in Arkansas. Dad was in the Air Force. The Italian family next door on the base gave me a Birthday Party. I got a cloth cat calendar, purple nightgown set, money. smiley pillow, pearl bracelet, stuffed purple pig and a Love Alarm Clock.

I had a boyfriend but it didn't work out. Dad was going back to Viet Nam so Mom and I lived with her parents. I joined Drama Club, plays, made Thespian Society, won trophies for Drama Orientation, was in Miss Indiana Teen-Ager Pageant. I went to the Prom with a guy from Notre Dame. I admit I tried smoking. I made good grades. I didn't get in trouble in high school. In Study Hall, I had a tendency to talk and was reminded to study and be quiet. I didn't like school but I didn't skip. I studied. I had friends and crushed on the guy down the road who was my first love but we didn't work out. I went to high school dances and loved going. Some thought I was a snob because my father was in the Air Force but I tried not to be. I tried to be nice to everyone. I loved 70's songs, wear a lot of make up and always had nice clothes. I was spoiled. I was happy. I worried about Dad coming back from Viet Nam. I never got in trouble with the law and had friends. I took a lot of crap from the one girl I hung out with. I forgive her. I never talked back to teachers. I was well behaved. I loved cats and dogs. I still do. Sixteen was a good year.

BCOF Prompt: Charlie asked who we would trade bodies with for a day.

Danielle Steel. I want to learn all her writing ideas and techniques and be a writer like her. It can't happen soon enough!

** Image ID #2044142 Unavailable **


© Copyright 2015 Princess Megan Rose (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/858405