*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
6
8
9
11
12
13
15
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/858431
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1935750
Entries for various Blog Challenges.I will be expressing my hopes,dreams and fantasies.
#858431 added August 27, 2015 at 8:20am
Restrictions: None
Day 27 Camping Shoshone Indians
Prompt: Lyn says We are going to the Shoshone Indian Reservation which is the seventh largest tribe. We are to pack two days worth of clothes and we will be given Indian attire to wear when we get there. The Elders will be telling stories. It is our chance to shine and share stories.

Being part Cherokee and part Apache, wearing Native American clothes, yes I felt like I belonged. I learned to do a rain dance and I thought I saw wolves, bears and me as a Native American when I looked into the fire. Even though I am not Shoshone, it felt real. The Elders talked about the great white buffalo, I thought I saw him for a moment. They passed a peace pipe around and I don't know what it was but it wasn't bad.

We had a dinner of fish, rice, noodles and chocolate chip cookies. I even got a Diet Pepsi. I was nervous to tell the Indians I was part Cherokee and Apache but they didn't care. They were nice to me.

We got to make baskets, paddle canoes, learn how to put up a teepee, make pottery and make beaded necklace.

The Shoshone Indians did dances and we got to participate. It felt strange sleeping in a teepee but I liked it. We learned a lot about this tribe and I felt like I was in a western movie but it was real and the Indians weren't going to harm us. It was a peaceful visit. I hated to say good bye but it was a good experience.

Only a few days left of camping. It has been fun.

Another beautiful sig of Dancing Fawn and her wolf Nikko by Angel.

© Copyright 2015 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/858431