*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860408-Saturday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#860408 added September 19, 2015 at 10:06am
Restrictions: None
Saturday
Wow, I thought I made an entry yesterday. But, it shows the last one on Thursday and I couldn't for the life of me tell you what I wrote yesterday. I've been pretty out of it since the surgery, and yesterday was another rough day. So far, today is going better. I still have a lot of pain in my right side, but the rest is beginning to feel better. I have a feeling that right side is going to take some time to heal, the incision is about three inches long where the surgeon went in to remove the golf-ball size mass. The tissue he removed was in the groin area, under a hernia patch, so he had to go in from the side and work under the patch to remove it, about six inches from the point of entry. The pain is one thing, but the foggy sensation I've had since the procedure has been even worse.

I'm on the last day to write my item for the 52 Week Challenge, and still haven't got anything going for the image. The first few days I couldn't sit up well enough to type, and my head was clouded by pain medications. By Wednesday, I had stopped taking the prescribed medications and was just using over the counter stuff to help ease the pain, except at night. So far, today, I haven't used anything, and hope I can continue to get by without taking anything. I'm sure I will need to use the prescribed medications again tonight, to sleep, since lying down seems to cause a lot of discomfort.

I'm hoping to get some ideas for that story going, and even more hopeful that I will get it written today, before the deadline. If not, I'm sure I can get a few extra days to write considering the circumstances of the week. But, a new prompt comes out tomorrow, and I'd like to start work on the new prompt instead of still being hung up on this one. So, for now, it's get up and move around a little, think on a story line, and hopefully have something written soon.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860408-Saturday