*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860417-Excuses
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#860417 added September 20, 2015 at 6:33am
Restrictions: None
Excuses
I thought with most of my friends away this last week I might actually manage to stay in and do some housework. Well, we all know what thought did don't we? *Rolleyes*

Monday I finished my very good book, so I had to go to the library to choose another. I managed to find a new release by one of my favourite authors so just had to begin reading it. I'd start on the housework tomorrow.

Tuesday hubby didn't wake up until the early hours of the afternoon. This meant I couldn't do anything upstairs or make much noise as I am considerate and didn't want to wake him up. I did have to keep checking to see if he was still breathing however. I'd start on the housework tomorrow.

Wednesday I discovered someone had placed a new geocache close to my home. It was a much nicer day than forecast so I thought a walk would do me more good than sticking around the house. I walked for ages, risked life and limb on muddy banks attempting to find it, but alas, returned home in a lather without finding it. I'd start on the housework tomorrow.

Thursday I had a hairdressing appointment, followed by the Knitters and Natters group and then I decided to go on an historical walk in Nottingham with a friend. We missed the bus back so arrived home very late. I'd start on the housework tomorrow.

Friday it was a pleasant day and I remembered there were lots of elderberries and blackberries near where I'd walked on Wednesday, so it would be a shame to waste them. I set off with a bag and filled it with fruit, though I wasn't sure what I would do with it. I'd start on the housework tomorrow.

Today I found a recipe to make pickles with my fruit so had to go shopping for the rest of the ingredients which are now bubbling away on the hob. Then I realised I haven't posted a blog in twelve days. I'll start on the housework tomorrow.

Except son and family are coming over and they'll need a meal cooking and they'll only mess up the house anyway so I'll leave the housework until next week. Who wants an immaculate house anyway?

I do. *Frown*

© Copyright 2015 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860417-Excuses