*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860679-52IFBC-I-dont-even-know-what-to-call-this
Rated: 13+ · Book · Nonsense · #2050715
Thoughts and takes on the way life presents....
#860679 added September 21, 2015 at 11:30pm
Restrictions: None
52IFBC: I don't even know what to call this


** Image ID #2055494 Unavailable **

Karane stifled a yawn. This dark, eerie place no longer generated that sense of eager anticipation and mystery. “We should just go up there, get in, get out, be done.”
Jaq stopped his 15th equipment check, “Will you take my word that your plan will not work, or do you need a demonstration.”
Karane could be just as snotty. “Demonstrate.”
Jaq pulled a flicker from his belt, set the coordinates and let the drone whiz up the bridge toward the dark shrouded castle. The flicker was smaller than a common grammonball, and somewhat larger than the ones used by the professional athletes in tournament competitions. “Wait for it. You are about to witness something spectacular.”
The explosion that rocked the valley was deafening, and left a bitter taste of burnt metal in the membranes of her mouth. “What are those things?!”
“Genetic mutations. Now do you want to do this operation my way, or on your own?”
“What does that mean?”
“It means I am lead on this operation. You follow me. You follow orders. Or you man this base camp until we get back.”
“I would be bait.”
“No more conversation. As of right now, it’s yes, sir; no, sir; no excuse, sir.”
Karane bit her lip as she arranged her gear to follow Jaq on this mission. She had to relax the grip on her bottom lip when the taste of her blood mixed with the aftertaste of the smoke from the explosion caused the gag reflexes in her belly to heave ever so slightly. It would take all of her discipline to keep her mouth shut and trust Jaq. The rest of the unit went to silent communication. Hand signals and gut instincts were all that were allowed as this small tight unit moved forward to execute the mission.

© Copyright 2015 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860679-52IFBC-I-dont-even-know-what-to-call-this