*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860687
Rated: 13+ · Book · Philosophy · #2020664
Repository for my Zanier Ideas... on writing, and life.
#860687 added September 22, 2015 at 6:05am
Restrictions: None
Inner Peace, Outer Peace
Prompt “When one does not complain … one pays for outward calm with an almost unbearable inner struggle.” Charlotte Brontë


Do you agree with Charlotte Brontë? In what ways do you think venting works?


Prompt Borrowed from "Invalid Item"Invalid Entry


By groovygirl





Of course I have experienced the phenomenon to which she refers, and could reproduce these results at will. She errs, however, in the description of her action. If she stopped all complaint, if she did not rehearse her grievance in the privacy of her skull - all the while exhorting her apparent enemy and lamenting the villainy which extorted said silence - could she clearly remember even why she suffers? If she turned her inner monologue to sweeter subjects, then the outer calm would result in inner peace. Instead, she pursues a state of rage. Her body and soul gear up for a battle which never arrives. Of course cold war does not feel like peace!





If you wish to feel the calm, then do not complain, even in thought, but instead ask for change if you think it wise. Otherwise labor in silence to improve your situation. Whether you opt for silence or not, tell yourself that you have taken action in the best possible direction. This will reassure your heart and provide you with the peace you crave and deserve.

© Copyright 2015 Joto-Kai (UN: jotokai at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joto-Kai has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860687