*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860749-Day-84--What-to-do-with-the-survivors
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #2046094
Where I am putting at least 100 fiction or poetry words per day for "Give it 100."
#860749 added September 22, 2015 at 11:39pm
Restrictions: None
Day 84: What to do with the survivors
“I have a spell,” said Grisylde, “that should do nicely.”

“What will happen to the men under the spell?” I inquired.

“They will forget,” she replied.

“What will they forget?”

“Everything. It will be like they are babies”

“I am not sure that is the best thing to do. If they are seen, then people might figure out that they came to close to you, and they will see you three as a threat. I have a better idea. I can carry them to a different country. If you have something that would just make them forget the past day or so, that would be helpful.”

It was decided. The witches put together a potion that made the men lose the last day of memory, sort of like what would happen if they had suffered blows to the head. Along with this, they gave the men a sleeping potion that made them sleep for three days. They then tied the men together, and I flew away with them by night. I took them to my shuttle and flew them halfway around the world, dropping them on the far edge of a desert. I figured they would probably end up being killed or enslaved by whatever local tribes were there, but at least they had a sporting chance to survive and find their fortunes. Who knew; perhaps they would find a way to make an honest living.

(236 words)

© Copyright 2015 Bryce Kenn (UN: penworthy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bryce Kenn has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860749-Day-84--What-to-do-with-the-survivors