*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/862114-Assignment-6-Demographics-and-Query-Letter
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #2059771
ASSIGNMENTS FOR NANO PREP
#862114 added October 7, 2015 at 11:05pm
Restrictions: None
Assignment 6: Demographics and Query Letter
Wednesday, Oct. 07
Required: Market Definition ▼

Describe your target audience. Identify a demographic profile including gender, race, age, disabilities, mobility, home ownership, employment status, education, income level, marital status, location and other commonly evaluated data. Explain in detail what aspects of your novel will appeal to this particular audience and why.



According to stats, my market is white women, ages 35 to 55. I am writing a romantic comedy or a romantic drama and the main characters would be appealing to this demographic. I do not know how disabilities or physical limitations will affect my readership. I just know that I have at least one character who has a limitation that will draw that type of audience. My demographic will have to have disposable income or access to a library. I do not see how education and income affect a person’s ability to imagine what is in the lines of a book. This would only come into play if I were marketing to device only users. My stories are not about rich people so much as people working for what they have and enjoying those things they have earned. Most of the readers would be married or daydreaming in that direction. My readers are probably from small towns or rural communities.
I think people would like the characters I develop because everyone knows someone like this, and I figure out something about this person that makes you think of someone you know.

Bonus: Query Letter OR Narrative Voice Synopsis ▼

Query Letter: Draft your query letter . Here's another article about queries.
Narrative Voice Synopsis: Write a synopsis of your novel using the same narrative voice you will use to tell the story.


Dear ________,
I’m currently seeking representation for my romantic novel, One and Only. Given your expertise in marketing this genre, I am hopeful that my novel will fit into your repertoire.
This novel is not typical in that it is told from a man’s point of view. I also pull away from the standard drama expectation and try to lighten things up with humor and tasteful light-hearted dialogue. This novel gives the reader a chance to watch the power of choice and to experience the value of choosing wisely.
Although a specific year is not mentioned, the level of technology I use in this story, and family dynamics would suggest a more current timeline. I can tweak this to land in any timeframe because the tortuous mind tussles that occur when two people decide to amp up a relationship from friendship to lovers can work in any time period. This story explores the dynamics of the relationship between Warren and Laurie who are best of friends. The question to be explored is: Can friends also be lovers? Can you really go back if things don’t work out? How much or little do differences in finances, morality, schooling matter when choosing friends and lovers? I will take the reader through Warren’s journey to define and choose the direction his life will go, and those people whom he chooses to share his life with.
One and Only is the standard 50,000 fast and furious format that this genre screams for. I write under the below listed pen name.
Thanks for your time and consideration!
Best,
Cheri Annemos





© Copyright 2015 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/862114-Assignment-6-Demographics-and-Query-Letter