*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/862492
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2059791
Prep for Nanowrimo 2015 - I completed my 50,000 words by November 14, 2015.
#862492 added October 22, 2015 at 9:45pm
Restrictions: None
Day 22 - Object Description & Research
Thursday, Oct. 22
*Required: Object Description â–¼
Describe, in detail, an object critical to your story. Add the object description to your definitions database (if applicable.)

I am not sure if this is critical to my story or not... but they add an element of fun. They are a dog and cat that the owners of the house have rescued. Both of these animals are immediately drawn to Taryn - the cat, in particular, can always be found with Taryn whenever she is home. Both of these animals do not like Carson when he comes to visit... the cat, usually laid back and loveable hisses and the dog growls.

Myra calls her the 'animal whisperer' as the animals often follow her around.... and that includes Alex. She has a running bet with her husband that Alex and Taryn will become a couple.


*Bonus: Research OR World Building â–¼
Research: For reality-based fiction, research aspects of your novel that will lend credibility to your writing.
World Building: For fantasy, science fiction, or other speculative fiction, develop the history, geology, ecology, and/or maps for your world. Update your character, setting, and/or definitions databases with any new information (if applicable.)

One thing I did to 'research' the area my characters live and work in is to visit the area and walk the routes they would walk.

Suddaby Public School is 1.3 miles from the area my character lives. It takes about 25 to 30 minutes. I cut through the park, but other than that the steps I took were on the streets... it took 23 minutes. If I had to walk all the way around 25 to 30 minutes makes it more likely.
Carmichael Public School was 1.5 miles but the shortcuts I took would not be available in the winter.

I want to revisit the area and walk from where she lives to the 'bookshop' she will be working in. I have looked into the hours of that shop and the one in Guelph I like better... I am still unsure if I can combine the bookshop from Guelph into the Waterloo bookshop location.

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

** Image ID #1855238 Unavailable ** Signature for 2015 Game of Thrones Challenge - Dark Drreamscapes Group Winter trail scene
© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/862492