*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/862495
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2059791
Prep for Nanowrimo 2015 - I completed my 50,000 words by November 14, 2015.
#862495 added October 25, 2015 at 10:50am
Restrictions: None
Day 24 - Plot Background Story - Contest #4
Saturday, Oct. 24
*Required: Contest Round 4: Plot Background Story â–¼
Write a story that sets up your plot. EXAMPLE: The Lord of the Rings story revolves around the One Ring, its significance, and how it's destroyed. But how did Frodo get the One Ring in the first place? We learn that in The Hobbit. You obviously can't write a full-scale novel in 15 minutes, but you could write the scene where Bilbo encounters Gollum and stumbles across the ring. That would be a background story that sets up the plot in Lord of the Rings.

*Submit your ITEM or ENTRY number by 1200 noon WDC time on Sunday, Oct. 25 to compete. WDC time is New York City time and can be found at the top of this IM Console . If you miss this deadline or choose not to compete, you may still post your assignment completion for the grand prize per the standard Challenge guidelines.

**ideas - a wedding with flaws - Carson telling her how to kiss him at the dinner.



It was her wedding day. A day made perfect with a blue sky, fluffy clouds and a break in the oppressive humidity. The morning getting ready had been a hovering buzz of preparation - makeup, hair and getting into her dress. Surrounded by the love of her mother, grandmother and two best friends Gwyn and Ava, Taryn had been floating on air until they got to the church and then her nerves began to spill over. Ava's own nerves were a good distraction making Taryn laugh and ease out of her fears. You would have thought it was Ava getting married instead of her.

Just before walking down the aisle, Taryn leaned in and gave a bright wave to her client Andy who had come with his mother and service dog. They stayed at the far back of the church knowing nobody else, but wanting so much to be there. Taryn felt herself relax even more.

She looked up to find Carson looking at her, a smile on his face. He looked gorgeously handsome in his tux. She smiled at him holding his gaze as she moved down the long aisle. Her eyes only left his to look at a few guests... her mother and her Grandmother, then shifted back to him.

Reaching him, she handed off her flowers to Gwyn and took his hands in hers. The vows passed in a blur and before she knew it she was being introduced as Mr. and Mrs. Carson Keller before heading done the aisle followed by their guests.

The hours of pictures were fun, but Taryn was glad to return to the hall and greet her guests. She was hungry and her feet were beginning to call out that they had had enough. Wearing heels this long had never been her forte and she was tempted to slip them off and put on something more comfortable. Carson saw her fidgeting and frowned. "What's the matter?" he whispered.

When she told him, he said nothing but his frown deepened until someone else dragged his attention away.
When he looked back at her he said, "Leave them on and stop fidgeting over them."

The command had been said in a whisper, but it hit like a weapon and Taryn winced inwardly. She hid the bit of pain by looking to her friends and smiling.

As dinner progressed the clinking of glasses signaled the sealing of kisses throughout the meal. Taryn laughed playfully at the moment as she leaned in to kiss her husband, they bumped noses and she giggled again. As Carson moved back from the kiss, he looked at her with another frown and Trayn's eyes widened at his seriousness.

"Next time you turn left and we can avoid that again." he grumped in a whisper only she could hear. A searing cut through her at his tone and look. She had not expected criticism, she had expected fun. She watched him turn his comfortable smile back to their guests and she fought to do the same. Her smile came, but it was muted and she avoided her mother's curious gaze.

Things went smoothly after that and Taryn smiled and laughed through speeches and more kisses. The side show her aunt had created almost brought her to tears when the photo of her Dad held the screen. She fought the emotion as Gwyn put her arm around her shoulders and gave her a knowing squeeze. He was missed. Here she was getting married and he was not there... gone from her when she was only twelve. A battle with cancer lost.

Carson watched the photos flip through. There were none of his baby photos and none of his mother who had also died when he was about the same age she had lost her father, but that was because his father had decided the photos were not needed and since nobody wanted them he had pitched them.

Taryn made it through the side show with Gwyn's support.

Later when the dancing started they moved onto the floor and took their place. Carson held her close and smiled lovingly at her. She felt her heart melt. She knew he would not appreciate her singing along so she continued to smile up at him as the music flowed and the cameras flashed. She liked the song, Jann Arden's I Would Die For You, but it had not been her first choice... it not been a choice at all until Carson had insisted on it. She had given him that, but the song she wanted was also to be played later... Lonestar's Amazed. Carson didn't like that song. Country was not his thing.

As they moved off the dance floor, Carson pulled her close and whispered, "We need to mingle with everyone." He propelled her over to a group of his family and she glanced at him wondering why he had felt the need to direct her. She had been mingling just fine beforehand. His look was serene, his smile comfortable. She pushed down these odd thoughts and let them pass. This was their wedding and she intended to have a good time, despite his need to corral her.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeSgYR-zaxQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-skFgrV59A



Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

** Image ID #1855238 Unavailable ** Signature for 2015 Game of Thrones Challenge - Dark Drreamscapes Group Winter trail scene
© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/862495