*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/862501
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2059791
Prep for Nanowrimo 2015 - I completed my 50,000 words by November 14, 2015.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#862501 added October 31, 2015 at 2:45pm
Restrictions: None
Day 31 - Premise / Idea Revision & Workplace Prep
Saturday, Oct. 31
*Bullet* Required: Idea/Premise Revision â–¼

Now that you have spent a month planning your novel, revise your initial premise. Identify the following:
(1) Protagonist(s). Who is(are) your main character(s)?
(2) Goal(s). What do they want?
(3) Conflict. What is keeping them from their goal?
(4) Antagonist(s). Who(what) is creating the conflict?
(5) Theme: What is the theme or moral of the story? (If applicable.)

Here goes:
(1) Protagonist(s). Who is(are) your main character(s)?
Taygen Campbell

(2) Goal(s). What do they want?
She wants to live authentically and find her way back to her true self after dealing with a broken marriage.

(3) Conflict. What is keeping them from their goal?
The love and security has seeped from her marriage and Taygen struggles to find her way on her own. Her husband's betrayal cuts her deeply, but it also forces her to stand on her two feet and continue to follow her dreams in earnest.
She is 'gun-shy' when it comes to relationships. One of her roommates she finds herself attracted to and she fights the strength of the connection. Alex goes the friendship route in the hopes of winning her over and letting her know that not all men are assholes. Some are actually open to the connection that is bigger than mere physicality. He wants her to know that he accepts and supports her needs and dreams of teaching and writing. (meeting his family may help alleviate some of her concerns that he is just trying to impress her with his interests)

(4) Antagonist(s). Who(what) is creating the conflict?
Taygen's husband has decided he is unhappy in his marriage to her and he begins to live for himself - thus betraying all that she thought they had together. He lies about being faithful and receives poetic justice when his girlfriend purposely gets pregnant to trap him into marrying her.

(5) Theme: What is the theme or moral of the story? (If applicable.)
Be true to who you really are, don't shelve your gifts and dreams just to appease someone else... especially a man. True love can be found.

*Bonus: Workspace Preparation OR Procrastination List â–¼
Workspace Prep: Plan out where you will work, what computer you will use, and what supplies you will need. Create a music playlist, if applicable.
Procrastination List: Write a list of all the things you tend to do to procrastinate and establish a writing schedule for the month of November.

I will be aiming for 1667 words a day throughout the month of November. I hope to get a good jump on my writing the first week.
I intend to reread Chris Batty's No Plot, No Problem over the course of the month.
I have linked up with other Nano writers in the area and am planning to go to as many write ins, overnighters and events as possible over the course of the month. I have recorded the events in my Google Calendar and my date book of important items - work and social appointments and such.
Starting tomorrow is the Kick Off party, which is followed by a Write In on Sunday afternoon. Another Write In follows on Tuesday night... I can't remember if there is another Write In on Thursday night, but I know the first Overnighters is Friday night - I am thinking of going until midnight or one am. I did that last year. Brett is on nights the first week so I am definitely going to all the evening events.
Second and third week, Brett is on Days but I figure I can go to most events after dinner - and cleaning up. Just so long as I am writing.
Fourth week, not sure if it is the final week, Brett is back on Nights so I am definitely going to events.
I want to make the half way party this year at the Adventurer's Guild.
I may even cancel Kyle on a couple of Wednesdays to go to a few events as his hours are down to 4 a week... but I think we will be okay because that takes into account the 8 hours over Christmas that I won't be working.
If I got out to write I may let others know just in case they want to join me.
Current hot spots:
KPL (has lots of outlets and coffee and snacks)
Starbucks - Hespeler, Kitchener, Waterloo - close to home or within a quick drive.
Balzac Coffee Roasters - plugs, but only open until 7pm
Monogram Coffee Roasters - plugs, only open until 8pm
Brown Dog Café - yummy food, limited plugs

I am using my Surface to write in public, but I may also take my bigger computer as it has the Scrivener program on it. I can write at home, but I would prefer not to write while Brett is home as it is tense right now around him.

Playlist.... I don't usually do this but.... some songs speak to me:
This song is good for my current Nano Novel...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5eyoOgZb3A





*Bullet* Bonus: Workspace Preparation OR Procrastination List â–¼

Workspace Prep: Plan out where you will work, what computer you will use, and what supplies you will need. Create a music playlist, if applicable.
Procrastination List: Write a list of all the things you tend to do to procrastinate and establish a writing schedule for the month of November.

I have connected this file into my research file of Scrivener - will this edit show?

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

** Image ID #1855238 Unavailable ** Signature for 2015 Game of Thrones Challenge - Dark Drreamscapes Group Winter trail scene
© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/862501