*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
17
18
20
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/863525
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1313678
You will find Taylor Swift, women items and everything under the sun.
#863525 added October 20, 2015 at 8:25pm
Restrictions: None
Women and Witches
Prompt: Huffington Press identify a witch icon with women of powers. We are to write about this and how mothers have power over daughters or other people.

I had to think about this one. We sometimes meet women we consider witches because of their rude hateful attitudes. A mother will influence her teen-age daughter to try out for certain activities like cheerleader, beauty pageants or what guts to go out with and marry. Some mothers rule their daughters and expect them to be like her. A daughter who obeys her mother's every whim won't stick up for herself.

In high school, there were mothers whose husbands farmed and didn't hold down a job and they were hanging around at the school trying to influence the principal and teachers to give their daughters popularity. To me, these women were like witches and their daughters grew up the same way but ended up with miserable marriages. I got to be in pageants and activities and my mother didn't hang around the school to influence anyone. I did it on my own.

My aunt was always yelling at her daughters and I felt sorry for them. Her oldest daughter wasn't allowed to do anything and ended up having two babies before she was married.

Best friends will take your boyfriend away and I considered them to be witches. I never knew a woman who practiced witch craft nor would I want to.

Guess I like the TV witches. Like Samantha and Endora. Samantha was always trying to be good and Endora and Serena lived up to be witches. Angelique on "Dark Shadows" wanted Barnabas and would use her powers to get him and destroy anything or anyone who got in her way.

I guess the article in Huffington Press seem to think women who are witches have power and get what they want. Being called a witch is a compliment. The women accused of being witches at the Salem Witch Trials wouldn't have agreed. It is sad that women were hanged as witches years ago or burned alive at the stake in England. We have come a long way since then. I try to be nice to everyone and do the right thing but I think all women have a witch side to them. I keep my hidden but it comes out when necessary. I hope this item expresses my views on the prompt.

** Image ID #1889466 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2015 Princess Megan Rose (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/863525