*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/864036-30UBC-Land-of-Cliche
Rated: 13+ · Book · Nonsense · #2050715
Thoughts and takes on the way life presents....
#864036 added October 25, 2015 at 9:12am
Restrictions: None
30UBC: Land of Cliche
Write a whole bunch of new ones for your "Sunday News Blog"

Cliche bomb everybody's comments section. Have some fun.

I'll be checking in, and Merit Badging the best new cliche and the most new cliches.

Don't forget to write.


For the headlines, I am nixing the same old same old and getting straight to the bottom line by opting to hightligh this oldie but goodie. No cheap thrills today. Just a quick little foray into the ancient achieves of the Baltimore Sun. Enjoy. I know it's not local for me, but we are all related and we should just get along, right? (This is the most democrat I will ever be.)

NEWS THE BALTIMORE SUN
The Bottom Line on Cliches
By ERNEST F. IMHOFF | August 1, 1993
The British Broadcasting Corporation wants to get rid of its cliches with a new style book aimed at banning tired phrases. At The Baltimore Sun, getting rid of just one cliche, such as "the bottom line," might be as tough as cleaning up the Chesapeake.Since 1990, Sun and Evening Sun writers, letter and other writers and subjects used the accountants' phrase, "bottom line" (the point of something) 2,094 times. In a July 1993 sampling of 50 examples, Sun story or headline writers used the phrase 16 times; others or people quoted were guilty the other 34 times.

© Copyright 2015 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/864036-30UBC-Land-of-Cliche