*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/866048-The-plight-of-believing
Rated: E · Book · Community · #2053350
Let the blogging begin again and again and again.....
#866048 added November 13, 2015 at 9:45am
Restrictions: None
The plight of believing
I may be a bit off tracstk, but a lot of what goes into the story of thanksgiving is that a group of people called the Separists decided that they were not going to be ruled by the state church. That is interesting enough. I was foreign in that day to consider that any one person could interpret the bible for themselves. The occasion of the State church in England was enough to leave one scratching one's head.

There was a time when the Pope's and Kings fought for power. The king of England decided he had enough of papal influence and set up a state church that people in England were required to attend. Over time one of the KIng's, James had a bible translated into English. Some people did not like this kind of religion. It was one thing to be at the mercy of the pope and quite another thing to let a king tell you how to believe. The Separitists, decided they would set up shop somewhere else. That meant they were rejected by the country they grew up in and went elsewhere. The Serperatists found their way to Plymouth and now we know more about what it means to have thanksgiving.
© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/866048-The-plight-of-believing