*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/866325
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#866325 added November 16, 2015 at 2:05pm
Restrictions: None
Thanksgiving
Prompt: Snow wanted us to write about a funny Thanksgiving memory.

I don't remember Thanksgiving being funny but there was no drama. I drank a glass of wine with the meal when I was fourteen. My mother was fine with this. We all celebrated with a glass of wine.

My uncle kept asking my aunt to get salt, turn the light on brighter and she bowed and said: "Yes, Your Highness."

The electricity went out on Thanksgiving day. My husband turned on the generator and it didn't work. A friend of mine, Sue had died in a car accident and this is going to sound strange but I feel Sue was following me around at work and home. I said: "Sue, if you are here, make the generator come on. " It came on! I just felt Sue's presence and I would hear her keys jingling at work and the mug she drank out would appear at my desk at work. A musical Teddy Bear she had left at work would start talking. It was a talking teddy bear. The other girl I worked with felt Sue was with us. Sue finally crossed over.

My aunt burned a ham at Thanksgiving and her husband hung the bone on the oven door to remind her that she had burned the ham. Guess this is all my funny happenings at Thanksgiving.

** Image ID #683587 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2015 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/866325