*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/868106-Symptoms
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#868106 added December 7, 2015 at 7:54pm
Restrictions: None
Symptoms
Gurgling guts.

"Interesting" trips to the bathroom.

Thoughts of food -- shudder.

Achy appendages.

Symptoms of . . . possible flu.

Yippee.

Now for symptoms of a different sort.

I was dabbling in Twitter today and a gal commented on another person's feed:

"Please go away. Like forever."

I responded thusly (I'm a bit cantankerous when I'm not feeling well). "Um. How about you go away? No one is forcing you to follow her."

The young lady's response (right before she blocked me [as if I was interested in following her]./, m) to the original poster "take stupid @almarquardt with you."

That didn't bother me; it made me laugh.

I did notice the profile of one person who liked the insulting tweet reads: "Mother, daughter, sister, skin care junkie. Love my family, friends and kindness.'

It's the last word that made me pause. What's 'kind' about calling someone stupid?

I get it though. Our political climate is so polarized, people don't think before they speak or write. It's like they see red whenever someone says something they disagree with, and they have to spew whatever nasty comment that pops into their head. I know I've done the same (the tweet above could be considered one such example).

Politics really does bring out the worst in us; we tend to ignore and forget what means most to us for the momentary good feeling of putting somone "in their place."

© Copyright 2015 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/868106-Symptoms