*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/868227-Lets-celebrate
Rated: E · Book · Community · #2053350
Let the blogging begin again and again and again.....
#868227 added December 9, 2015 at 1:11pm
Restrictions: None
Let's celebrate
Prompt: Does a human being’s urge to compete have anything to do with his narcissism, and why do people enjoy competitions so much? What are your thoughts on the subject?

The bottom line for me is that deep inside each of us is a need to celebrate/worship, that which makes life worth while. With all that being said egos clash on the feminine and masculine level. On the one hand you have the effort put forth to let everyone know what it means to be beautiful. I call this the feminine urge. On the other hand I want people to know what makes me special in relationship to anything or anyone else. I call this the male urge.

I thought it interesting that you talked about a human being in relationship to "HIS" narcissism. I am assuming you are talking about people in general. My mother was one of the most narcissistic persons I have known, she liked to be the center of attention, which is in essence what narcissism means.

People like competitions because they want to know that they are okay. We all have this innate need to belong. It begins with family and if you look at the world of sports and we align ourselves with teams. I think it really gets absurd. Players and teams shower on an adoring public their definition of what it means to be okay. You need to win. That means you are celebrating your okay ness. This happens while the world around us seems to go to rot. Then we enter other competitions that are better than the competitions shallow people adhere to. I want to be more humane, spiritual and the list goes on. This all happens because I want to be okay and I want to celebrate with God and everyone. "I AM WHO I AM"!!
© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/868227-Lets-celebrate