*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/869986-Healing
by Twiga
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #2069899
Changeling Fantasy about a young girl who gets swept up in a war between Fairy Nations
#869986 added January 5, 2016 at 2:16am
Restrictions: None
Healing
As Tony got his thing prepared for the Aura Cleansing, Adella said "I hope you don't mind me asking but...What kind of Fairy are you?"

"I'm a Naiad." Tony said "A Sea Fairy and before you ask, No I'm not a Merman I don't have a fish tail, In my true form I am basically a Man made entirely out of water, but...That means I'm not very good at keeping myself together on dry land so...In this Mortal Coil it's easier for me to remain in Human Form."

Adella took this into consideration "Do Fae Creatures ever take the form of Animals...Or Plants?" She asked

"Sometimes." Tony said "But most of the time only for special missions of espionage or sabotage, in the Human World it's not very convenient to be an Animal or Plant particularly since Humans have not always been particularly kind to their fellow creatures, or good stewards of their environment."

Adella thought about her beloved Cat Mitzi, and how she was unable to play with her this morning.

"I'm going to put these headphones on you." Said Tony "They are going to play some Fairy Music which will aid in cleaning your Aura, but you will still be able to hear everything I say with perfect clarity."

Adella bowed her head as Tony slipped the headphones over her head soft music unlike anything she ever heard seemed to heal whatever ache or pain she felt at the moment and filled her with complete and utter calm.

Tony smiled warmly seeing her relax "Time to clean your Aura." He said "It doesn't take very long but I like to drag it out...To make sure I get 100 Percent Satisfaction because I don't like having repeat customers, from out of a velvet pouch he pulled out his wand, Adella was expecting it to be made of wood and sharpened to a point like she had seen so many Wizards in movies use, but this wand seemed to be made of Crystal and was a simple rectangle.

"Do you like it?" Asked Tony "I certainly do, I think it's my favorite wand." He ran is fingers over it.

"You have to be careful though." He said as he continued his wand "Not to get any sharp shards in your eyes, in fact just stroking it like this is making it shed shards, but still it is a good wand, it cleans any aura."

With that he began the cleaning, he started with her head, stroking down her face multiple times, but never actually touching her body, Adella wasn't sure what this meant but every time he stroked his wand down in front of her face she felt calm cooling breezes blow over her face and hair lulling her into a hypnotic state, he focused on her head for one more minute before moving down to the neck.

"For my Human Customers who smoke." Tony said "Focusing extra attention on the neck can bring much relief, but then they leave and go right back to smoking...I don't really understand Humans."

Soon the Aura Cleansing was finished and he put away the wand.

"I'm going to give you three protective crystals." He said "These should protect you from hostile Fall Fairies if you wear them as a necklace." He got out the three Crystals "This first one is a clear quartz, this one is an amethyst, and this last one is rose quartz."

"They're beautiful." Said Adella

"Indeed." Said Tony "I am going to infuse them with a prayer, commanding them to protect you." He then gave a prayer in a language Adella did not understand, when the prayer was finished he put the necklace on her.

"For my final boon to you." Said Tony "We're going to find out who is your Guardian Spirit, when you were born a Powerful Spirit was declared to be essentially your Godfather or Godmother but only the Spring Queen and Fall King knew who it was..." He brought out his pendulum crystal.

"This Crystal will allow us to contact that spirit, it always tells the truth so long as I center it."

Adella looked at the crystal, it was dark, black like obsidian, and hung from a delicate golden chain.

"Center yourself Crystal." Said Tony "This Guardian Spirit...Is it an Elemental? Swing Up and down if yes, Swing left and right if no."

The Crystal swung left and right, Tony seemed surprised

"So it's not an Elemental." Tony seemed concerned "Center yourself Crystal."

The Crystal did center itself

"Is the Guardian Spirit a Demon?"

The Crystal swung left and right

"So it's not a Demon it's nothing evil." Tony said "I wouldn't think the King and Queen..." He didn't finish his thought

"Crystal...Is this Spirit...A Kind Spirit?"

The Crystal swung up and down.

"So the Spirit is kind." Said Tony "Is this Spirit...A Ghost? A passed away Human from a past time?"

The Crystal swung left and right

"So it's not a Human Spirit." Tony had to think

"Is this...An Animal Spirit?" Tony asked

The Crystal swung up and down

"So it IS an Animal Spirit." Tony said "The Crystal is going crazy I've never seen it vibrate like this before, my hand is shaking."

Even though Adella had been so calm, at this point the Crystal's energy was beginning to effect her and she was feeling excited

"Center yourself Crystal." Said Tony "Is this Animal Spirit that of a Mundane Earth Animal?"

The Crystal swung left and right.

"No?" Said Tony "Is it a Fae Animal?"

The Crystal swung up and down

"Is it a Unicorn?" Asked Tony

The Crystal swung left and right

"Is it a Dragon?" Asked Tony

The Crystal swung up and down

"So it is a Dragon Spirit!" Said Tony "Dragon...Are you a Protective Spirit?"

The Crystal swung up and down vigorously

"I think I know who you are Dragon." Said Tony "Center yourself Crystal, you've done well."

When the Crystal went still he put it away

"Fairies don't often have Animal Spirits for their Guardians." Tony said "The fact that the Spring Queen and Fall King have a Dragon Spirit to protect you shows that they know you are at great risk that they will pull out all the stops...You are at great risk."

"What should I do?" Asked Adella as Tony took the headphones off her head

"You have the Dragon Spirit watching over you, you have the Elf Boy protecting you, I just gave you those Crystals which I highly recommend you NEVER take off your person, not even when your in bed not even in the bath...The final thing I can recommend is to get yourself a Familiar."

"What's Familiar?" Asked Adella

Fairies and in past times some Humans who were Witches and Wizards, could grant special powers to an ordinary Animal, granting it human-like intelligence and some special powers, by turning into a familiar, any Mundane Earth Beast is elevated to Status of Fey Beast over time the Familiar will gain the ability to speak fluent Human and can perform simple spells...However, the Ritual to Create a Familiar is an extremely difficult one, and the Elf Boy can't help you with that, Elves can't create Familiars for back in the days when they were Hunters of all, Humans and Animals alike, the Animals still remember and because of that, most Animals are terrified of Elves. But I digress, the ritual is very hard because it depends on the Animals' cooperation and you have to gain the Animals trust for that."

"Can you use any Animal?" Asked Adella

"Yes, any Earth Animal will do provided it trusts you enough." Said Tony

"Well...I have a Cat...Mitzi, she trusts me."

"Oh...You already have a Pet?"Tony asked "Have you had this Animal for most of it's life?"

"Why Yes." Said Adella "I've had Mitzi ever since she was a Kitten."

"Prime Familiar Materiel." Said Tony gleefully "Because not only does Mitzi have complete trust in you, but throughout her life she's been absorbing some of your Fairy Essence meaning she's already smarter then most Cats, use the Familiar Ritual and she'll become as smart as a Human."

He handed a small booklet to Adella "Here is the simple step by step instructions to the ritual, you should be able to do it, but try to do, when your Human Family is away...The Elf Boy can't help you perform the ritual but you can have him fetch the ingredients for you."

At this point Tony constant slightingly way he spoke of Johnny was beginning to get on Adella's nerves as sweet as Tony was to her, she felt his coldness to the one who saved her life disgusting

"What have you got against Elves?" Adella asked "Johnny saved my life you know!"

"I know that Princess." Said Tony "But back in the day...Elves were some of the most wicked most depraved creatures you could imagine...They did things to Humans that make even Demons squeamish. what the Fairies had to do to the Elves was basically capture them like Wild Animals and train them like Dogs...They were barbarians Princess, only reform-able by force and deep inside every Elf there is still a seed of Barbarian lurking deep beneath the surface."


© Copyright 2016 Twiga (UN: twiga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Twiga has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/869986-Healing