*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/872431
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#872431 added February 2, 2016 at 2:07pm
Restrictions: None
Ground Hogs Day, Romance Ingredients
Blog City Prompt: Have you ever wished that spring would come early or hope it would be delayed? What if you were a ground hog? Would you predict a zero winter?

I wish spring would come early. I don't like the cold or driving in snow. I just wanted enough snow for Christmas but that skipped us here at Green Acres in Indiana. Luckily, we haven't had much snow this winter but oh the cold!! If I was a ground hog, I probably wouldn't come out. I would be too cold. I would want zero winter. Just 60 degrees every day. I made my younger twelve year cousin laugh when she gave me a small stuffed squirrel for Christmas and she lifted the lid of the box {where the stuffed squirrel was} and I picked up the squirrel and kept looking over the edge of the box and said: "No, it's foggy and I am not coming out until spring!" I felt like a ground hog at that moment.

"Where are you spring, why can't I find you?" You get what I am trying to say!

BCOF Prompt: What do you think are the ingredients of a successful romance novel? Are the ingredients different for other genres?

A handsome man, a beautiful woman with the man being a hero. The woman being stubborn and knowing her own mind. The man taking charge but admires the woman's attitudes. A good conflict, a forced marriage, love winning out, an evil man or woman trying to come between the romantic couple and the woman will take on the evil villians and be victorious as well as the woman's handsome lover. A kidnapping, the heroine slapping her lover. The hero rescues the heroine from an evil man trying to rape her and hurt her in some way. Maybe they have to go up against her father or his father because they are evil. Love is the key word here. This is why they call it romance and the course of true love doesn't run smoothly. Other genres? They have romance but a romance novel is a catergory all it's own. Just ask Jane Austen. This is who I am learning how to write romance from. Her stories have love, humor, a charming man, moral values, standards, conflict, meddling mothers, other men who pursue the same woman and love doesn't come easy. This is how you write a romance!
Read this I wrote and this will give my entry more meaning. THanks!
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1998492 by Not Available.


Modern picture of Jane Austen or one of her characters. Notice the cell phone and pool.

© Copyright 2016 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/872431