*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/872878-The-SubjectTthat-is-Always-There
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#872878 added February 7, 2016 at 10:23am
Restrictions: None
The SubjectTthat is Always There
"Sex almost always disappoints me in novels. Everything can be said or done now, and that's what I find... a feeling of generality or dispersal. In my opinion, true sex is so particular or peculiar, that it is yearned for. I believe that is what makes the desire between two people so unique and specific." Elizabeth Benedict
Do you agree or Disagree with Ms. Benedict? Do you write about sex in your own writing pieces? Does your own experience come to life on the page or do you find yourself following what others have done?


Owl with an attitude



Do you agree or Disagree with Ms. Benedict?

I disagree that sex makes the story. I grew up reading a lot of Reader’s Digest Condensed books. Novel’s published in volumes for the good of the public. Most explicit sexual writing was removed. It never really impacted the novels that I read.

While I was in college I discovered an underground belief by professors. Some, of them had an agenda to spread sexual freedom within the student body. These kinds of professors were always willing to think that older students male and female were there to sample the younger generation sexually. Yuk!! *Vomit*

I began to think the so called sexual revolution in the USA was being generated by groups of older males on college campuses. Plus, because I was taking journalism I was sent out to interview more than one person about different stories. When I contacted males through email or by phone and explained that I was a college sophomore looking to interview them for a story; their reactions, until they knew my age were hilarious and disgusting. Young college women should be warned. *Headbang*

Now I have more social experience I believe the sexual revolution is more because of population growth. Louisa Mae Alcott wrote about gays. There have always been gay people in our society. They mostly stayed hidden. Sometimes when it became to apparent in a town they were expunged. Today, they are finding a voice in public and justly so.

You cannot ignore the church or scripture in a piece about sex. It is a way people use to try to drive people out of a society. They use it as a weapon. I have some scripture in mind that condemns and some that refutes sexual conduct. I have been going to take time to do a through study but I never have done the study. Many books have been condemned over the years for their sexual content. When you start studying this subject, in this country, you will find a lot of weird stuff going on that involves psychic phenomenon as it relates to sexual conduct. You may find evil or just ignorance and thoughtlessness.

Do you write about sex in your own writing pieces? Does your own experience come to life on the page or do you find yourself following what others have done?

Twenty five or thirty years ago. I was reading articles about writing sex in stories. Some of the article writers at the time felt you could not be a good writer unless you could write about sex. Computers were not in my life at that time. The information age had not quite yet hit the fan. I thought it was a ridiculous statement then and I still think it is a ridiculous statement.

I don’t write sex. I sometimes read books with sex scenes that are in them. I have learned to skip pages. I understand the difference between love and lust. Lust in stories draws some readers. Look at “fifty shades of Gray.” The media loved to promote that book. I have read sex scenes and I have said, “That must be straight out of some person’s experience.” Yuk!*FacePalm*
There are ways to write love interest and love scenes without explicit sexual content.

This freedom is one of the subjects that make ISIL call the USA, “The Great Satan.”

You have to make your own choice about this. Fortunately, that is what our country is still about, choice. Read all the facts make your choice. I guess some of it is going to be, what kind of reader are you trying to attract?

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/872878-The-SubjectTthat-is-Always-There