*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873102-Why-Jabba-the-Hutt-was-not-any-kind-of-Misogynist
Rated: 13+ · Book · Philosophy · #2020664
Repository for my Zanier Ideas... on writing, and life.
#873102 added February 9, 2016 at 1:17pm
Restrictions: None
Why Jabba the Hutt was not any kind of Misogynist
Don't get me wrong. Jabba's attitude, the one that made him order Leia put in that slave outfit, was hostile, objectifying and demeaning, but not toward females specifically. In fact, for all we know, Jabba came from a Matriarchy. Further, that gigantic slug may have been a female. All we know for sure is we didn't see any hutt females dancing for their lives. Yes, she was chosen for her looks, and possibly for her pedigree, like the animals we are in his eyes. The only thing he cared about was his reputation, a major base of his power. Fortunately for Leia, she could help him by being put on display. Had she not been chosen as a dancer, she would have been rancor food.





Look at how he handled Han Solo, very much the same. He himself was a businessman, had no personal rancor toward Han for his failure and betrayal. He gave Han as much leeway as he could, in the interest of profit, but admitted that he could not be seen to give him another chance. If the opportunity arose, he would have his vengeance. When the time to do vengeance arose, he did not remove him from carbonite and kill him or torture him, but used him as a display. An object lesson on the nature of the great and powerful Jabba. By displaying Han, he told the world, "I own my enemies. Jabba's power is absolute."





I think this is the message intended by Jabba when he displayed the dancing women, like Leia and the twileks. "I own your women, even your princesses. I could ransom them to their people, but I don't need the money. Jabba's power is absolute."





Now, you can still use him as an example of how not to treat women. Nobody should be treated like that, probably not even ponies and dogs. Just remember, Jabba would treat your son even worse than he treats women.





After all, he's supposed to be a bad guy.

© Copyright 2016 Joto-Kai (UN: jotokai at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joto-Kai has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873102-Why-Jabba-the-Hutt-was-not-any-kind-of-Misogynist