*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873587-Valentine
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#873587 added February 13, 2016 at 12:13pm
Restrictions: None
Valentine

Saturday, February 13, 2016

The prompt is create a convincing story about how the holiday came about.


*Heart* Fairy playing a flute *snow*

Valentine leaned his fevered head against the bars. The nail wounds in his hands were infected. The cold metal in the bars relieved his fever. In spite of the pain he scratched a cross in the wall, with the nail left behind after the torture. Next, he scratched his name beside the cross. *DropB*

Bohdrey traced his fingers over the writing scratched into the cell wall. “What does it mean to be a Christian that suffers just for believing in Jesus, who wanted to save people from following wrong teachings about God?”

“Well, it’s something like that,” responded his companion. “ Now, it’s more about commercialism of a name, valentine’s and Jesus. A pope commercialized Valentine. His purpose was to create a larger congregation. Now that the name is commercialized it has lost its original meaning. I suggest the meaning lies with what he was experiencing when he scratched the name into the wall.”

“Don’t both names stand for love now.” Bohdrey stood up and walked along beside his companion as they exited the cell down a long hallway, into the sunshiny courtyard.

“Sometimes, sometimes it just stands for how any one person puts a twist on it.”

*GiftP* *GiftY*

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873587-Valentine