*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/874452-Dialogue
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#874452 added February 20, 2016 at 11:20pm
Restrictions: None
Dialogue
Prompts:

30 Day BC Prompt: What sort of planning goes into the creation of your characters? What must you know about them before you can tell their story?

BCOF: Create a character questionnaire, what do you feel is important in the creative process?

Blog City: What makes dialogue sound forced or phony? How do you keep it from sounding flat or boring?

Create the story in your mind and name your characters. You can write the story and the dialogue will fall into place. Pretend you are listening to then conversation, think of your story and the words will fall into place.

What race is your character? Do they have an animal friend? Who is your character's best friends? How do they feel about their family? Is any of the family in your story? Is he or she in love with someone? Who is their enemy? What places does your character like to visit? Will this be part of the story? What are their fears and dreams? Are they rich, poor, of noble birth or royalty? List any character traits they have that pertain to the story. What do they look like? Are they good or bad? Are they vampires, werewolves, human? Are they capable of love? How did the villain become a villain? Does the heroine or hero turn bad or just when they fight the bad guys?

Dialogue. Tie the dialogue in with the story. Write the dialogue for the time period you are writing the story in. Make it serious, make it funny or dramatic. Keep the readers hanging on. End a chapter with a cliff hanging dialogue. Write the next chapter while the other character is upset about something they found out about their family, friend or situation. Did a man just tell the woman he loves her or doesn't? Did he or she threaten someone? Keep the dialogue with the story with what is happening with the story line.

It is important to love the characters you are writing about and make it believable and leave readers going really? If you don't love what you write neither will others.

This is my story and I'm sticking to it!

** Image ID #2074231 Unavailable **


© Copyright 2016 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/874452-Dialogue