*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875106-Cows-On-Bicycles
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#875106 added February 27, 2016 at 12:32pm
Restrictions: None
Cows? On Bicycles?
You walk out of the grocery store one day and discover that the streets are full of cows on bicycles. What’s even weirder is that you’re the only one who finds this odd. What is going on? It's your story, you show us.

A signature owl


"well, it's tha beginin of 2031. No more newfangled new stuff til the new century arrives so whats them durn cows doin in the street?" Pointing with a shaky finger at gernsey cows riding 3 wheel bicycles; Clem todders out of the grocery store clutching the handles of a cloth shopping bag.

"Probably the workins of that rapscallion monkey. The One that lives in the Blogging Banana Bar. I heard he was a muse workin for some writer with a new twist of ideas for stories." Pert sifted through his own bag of groceries until he dug out a Mars Bar. The candy had the paper peeled back with a scrumptios bite already removed.

"Waddaya mean a new twist of ideas?"

"Don you read the newsys?"

"What fer?"

"The papers give you the real doins thats' why."

"Okaay. Jist get back to the twist part and the crazy cows on bycicles." Clem was still poiinting one finger at the cows. He was getting *Crazy* dizzy trying to follow the closest one with his finger, as it road a bicycle around in a circle.

"I read about somethin in the paper where a writer can make somethin up in his mind then it appears like a picture in the air. Its a gallopin new tech way to write. Maybe these here cows ain't real, jist a picture in thet monkeys mind?"

"I'm goin find out if its real." Toddering forward in a drunkin manner Clem slings his grocery bag straight into the circling cow as it rides past. Crash, the cow and bike go down into the path of a second rider. The crash elongates and reverberates as other riders collide and fall into a pile. Cows are heard screaming, "Moooo," in loud agonizing voices, the sound echoing across the parking area.

"Hey! What are you doing to my cows?" A man runs out of the store flailing his fist into Clem. "I spent a lot of time working on this circus act and your goin pay!" Clem and the man roll around on the ground beating each other with their fists.

Pert sits down on a nearby bench. He pulls out a cell phone. "Hello. I got a new story fer ya over at the grocery store. Yep its about that circus act in the newsy today. The one advertising at the grocery store. I think there's a story you might want to check into right away." Pert snaps the phone closed pulls out his candy bar and takes a big bite while he watches the action.

Red Dragon





















apondia#1781748



















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875106-Cows-On-Bicycles