*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875322-A-small-Leap-for-some-a-large-step-for-other-
by RICH
Rated: E · Book · Hobby/Craft · #1584786
Blogging, to take over the world.
#875322 added February 29, 2016 at 12:39pm
Restrictions: None
A small Leap for some, a large step for other ...

Made it to the 29th of February 2016, still nothing has changed till 5pm this afternoon.

A great cloud booked in for a bit of rain, the first since we last counted in January.

Very welcome, maybe we can hear frogs croak again, unless they have already croaked as a result of the drought.

All the other creatures turned up last week, so why not the frogs ?

On the radio this morning, as it is the 29th, leap year, custom says ladies may ask men to marry.

This young lady has gone out with Mr X for five years, and he still has not popped the question.
She decided to ask him on the air to marry her.
The radio station phoned him, she started;
"Will you marry me, considering we have gone out for five years, it is leap year?"
"You know I said we don't have money for this yet, we are not ready yet, can't we speak tonight?"
She basically repeats herself, and the phone goes 'click' on his side, then 'click' on her side.
Sometimes things do not go as we hope they would.
That's life for you.

On the news this evening:

Anyone who has seen the LION KING will have seen what the Kalahari Desert looks like.

It has rained there.
It is said that some kids get to be teenagers before they ever see rain.
Anyways, this year they have seen flamingo visiting their water pans.
Those flamingo belong with us here, gives one an idea of the upside nature of this year.






© Copyright 2016 RICH (UN: j2rr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RICH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875322-A-small-Leap-for-some-a-large-step-for-other-