*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875785-The-Force-and-Yoda
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#875785 added March 5, 2016 at 7:44am
Restrictions: None
The Force and Yoda
Pick a movie and give it an ending you'd much rather watch..


*Yinyang*



The last movie I would have rewrote the ending for was Star Wars The Force Awakens. Here was a young woman trying to make her own place in the universe. She is competent enough to fight off big men with full armor and guns and save the guy in the desert.*Lightning3*

Then all of a sudden everyone in the movie is telling her what to do and how to do it. It was really saying no matter how people progress by going to the stars women will always be fighting the unending battle of equality. At the end they sent her to Luke Skywalker who is now an older man alone living in a mountain hideaway. A young beautiful talented fighter with a lazar. And she just tries to hand it over to him very subservient. Sure he has a mysterious reputation but not from her generation. Even Princess Leeya did not give way to men in the other movies.

At the least they should have given Skywalker a companion in that lonely citadel. Some female he was living with or sent someone in with the new kid on the block or restored Yoda. It kind of looked like they were sacrificing the sweet young thing to keep the royal dude happy (an old theme for sure). Every once in awhile our society gets all males are king on us. I was very disappointed in the ending even if it is leading into the next movie.

At the end she should not have even tried to give back the weapon. He was not using it any way. She had already fought with it. When you retrieve a sword from the rock it meshes with the new owner and draws blood just fine. Other things, the conversation should have been more real less mysterious. He isn’t a god just a retired fighter who was good as his job and trying to hide out from the hero worship.

She could have walked up to him and said, "Oh hi Mr. Walker. Been looking for you. Look what I found." Then she should have opened the lazar and zap hit a rock on the cliff and smashed it into a million pieces. Then Luke could have burst out laughing and yelled, "Are you the new student or is this a fight to the death?" Just saying: Luke was always serious but not stuffy.*Laugh*

Manx Cat from Japan

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875785-The-Force-and-Yoda