*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875861
Rated: 18+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #2073801
The tales of an elite hitman for the International Assassination League.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#875861 added January 5, 2023 at 3:40pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 3
The Chief then sent me to the IAL's private training facility. For the next six months, I was put through some extremely rigorous training. I was trained in every form of combat, whether it was with guns, knives or hand-to-hand. I quickly became an expert marksman and mastered several different forms of martial arts. Over time, I grew stronger, faster and more agile. I also developed a much higher threshold for pain, greater endurance, faster reflexes and heightened senses. I also learned how to track a target discreetly, how to anticipate a targets movements and actions, how to gather intel in the field, how to hide in plain sight, how to get in and out of places undetected, how to cover my tracks and how to improvise in the field. I also met the IAL's tech expert, a lion named Barnes. He taught me how to hack into computers and how to bypass or disable various security systems.

But why am I rambling about my training when you'll experience the same thing for yourself? You want me to get to the good stuff, don't you? Very well, I'll tell you about my first official IAL contract.

About a week after completing my training, I was brought before the Chief. "I think it's time to test your newfound skills out in the field." he said "I selected this target especially for you. It shouldn't be too difficult, but it should still provide a bit of a challenge.". He handed me a manila dossier. "Consider this your initiation into the League. Preform well, and you'll be rewarded handsomely.".

Before long, I was on a private jet heading to Tokyo. I reviewed the details on my target during the flight. My target was some bigshot businessman named Carl Becker. He had a pretty big list of reasons why people wanted him dead, from investment fraud to blackmail. He also had no living relatives, so no one would mourn his passing.

I managed to find the hotel where Mr. Becker would be staying and figured it would be the best place to engage him. After checking into the same hotel, under an alias, I changed into by best outfit, a dark grey 3-piece suit, then went down to the hotel lobby to see if I could find him. After a few minutes of searching, I found Becker at the hotel bar. He was a cheetah man wearing an expensive suit and dark sunglasses, sipping on champagne and currently flirting with a few women who seemed to be pretending to be interested in him.

I took a seat in a nearby booth and ordered a glass of whiskey, so I wouldn't look suspicious while I observed Becker. After half an hour, an attractive vixen strode into the bar. Becker seemed to recognize he and told the rest of the girls to leave, leaving him alone with the vixen. As the two began to talk with each other, I noticed the vixen had a distinctive set of tattoos. I recognized them as the tattoos worn by the Yakuza. I figured that this vixen was planning to do business with Becker. A few minutes later, Becker handed her a keycard, no doubt to his room. "Meet me in suite 508 in the morning and well discuss further details there.".

The vixen took the keycard and gave Becker a seductive grin before walking out of the bar. I figured she could help me get to Becker. I paid for my drink, stood up and followed the vixen onto the elevator, making sure not to spook her. When she wasn't looking, I quietly reached into her handbag, slipped out the keycard to Beckers room, and slipped it into my jacket pocket, without the vixen noticing. After the vixen got off the elevator, I took it to the 5th floor. After finding room 508, I opened the door with the keycard and quietly slipped inside. I found Becker laying on his bed, fast asleep. I silently crept up to his bed, grabbed one of the pillows and brought it down over his face.

Becker immediately began to struggle but I was able to restrain him easily, plus he was still half asleep. He tried to scream for help, but the pillow muffled his voice. After several minutes, Becker went limp. After putting the pillow back where it had been, I positioned Becker's body so it would appear that he was only asleep. As I made my way out of the room, I grabbed the "Do not disturb" sign off of one of the end tables and hung it on the door knob, to keep staff and housekeeping from walking in on Becker's corpse unexpectedly. After returning to my room, I packed my things and proceeded to check out of the hotel.

After getting back to IAL headquarters, I saw a news report on Becker's death. The authorities had ruled his death as a homicide, but had no leads or suspects. The Chief was quite impressed with my resourcefulness. He rewarded me with this mansion and told me that he'd contact me when another contract became available.
© Copyright 2023 Nick Knight (UN: mickeyknight at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Nick Knight has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875861