*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875884-Toronto-Again
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#875884 added March 15, 2016 at 8:31pm
Restrictions: None
Toronto Again!
Locale:Toronto, Ontario

         This past week found me once again in Toronto, Ontario.  The customer this week was the Peel Regional Police.  I've been to Toronto many times, and am beginning to know my way around there some.  At least I know some of the various suburbs in the area.

         Class this week was a basic RF Fundamentals class, designed for new technicians.  The students were all fairly new to the RF Field, each was eager to learn more so they could advance their knowledge, and maybe move to a different position within the department.

         It was cold this past week, but then it's winter, so that's no surprise.  We had a snowfall of about 10 cm on Tuesday evening which made the drive to work Wednesday a little fun.  But the roads were really good overall, so not much slipping and sliding.  I had to laugh though.  When I went to Santa Fe in January, I took my warm parka type jacket.  I thought I had checked the weather for the week carefully, but didn't do a very good job.  I wore only my light coat, and really have used that parka at times.


Noteworthy Restaurants:

         https://chop.ca/restaurant-menu/dinner

         Since it was snowing hard Tuesday night, I made the short trek (yes, I walked) to the Chop Restaurant.  The food was excellent.  I ended up having the Crab Cakes for an appetizer, and the Wasabi Encrusted Tuna as my entree.  The tuna was about perfect, seared on the edge just a bit, but very rare throughout.  Even splurged and had a dessert, their Caribbean Rum Cake.  Can you say Yum?


         My next trip will be to Orlando, Florida, in the middle of Spring Break!  Maybe we'll see if I can act the Dirty Grandpa part (movie reference there) on that trip.  NOT!  Til then, y'all stay warm and comfy.

© Copyright 2016 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875884-Toronto-Again